MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching but couldn't come up with solid numbers on a broken in M&P trigger.

Do the triggers break in the 6# region?

Thanks and I do apologize if this has been beaten to death..

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think they are in the seven pound range out of the box. After the trigger job you can get them down to 4 or less. For exacts, maybe Dano can help you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Unless you live in Massachusetts...then it's a crisp 10lbs

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
In the real world, the 6.5lb triggers seem to range between high fives and high sevens. With just some light polishing of engagement surfaces, I was able to get my 6.5lb trigger down to the 5.2-5.3 range. I suspect 5.5lb is about where you can expect it to settle with wear.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Both of mine are very close to 6Lb (measured) after several thousand rounds.

:twisted:

·
Registered
50 Posts
dd45 said:
Nutshell, the MA 10 pound trigger pull is NOT crisp!

Am I missing something? You're not implying the M&Ps sold in MA have a heavier trigger...are you? Man I feel really dumb right about now...

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
High_Speed said:
[quote name='dd45']Nutshell, the MA 10 pound trigger pull is NOT crisp!

Am I missing something? You're not implying the M&Ps sold in MA have a heavier trigger...are you? Man I feel really dumb right about now...[/quote]

MA requires a 10lb trigger pull by law.

sucks.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
breech said:
I tried searching but couldn't come up with solid numbers on a broken in M&P trigger.

Do the triggers break in the 6# region?
My fullsize 9mm with 2442 rounds through it has an average pull of about 5lbs-11oz.

My compact .40 with 1149 rounds through it has an average pull of about 5lbs-13oz.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It really sucks that we have to live with the 10# trigger. Oh well, I just have to ship them to Dan and have a factory 6.5# trigger installed. Why it has to be 10# boggles my mind. The AG can't make up her damn mind.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nutshell said:
It really sucks that we have to live with the 10# trigger. Oh well, I just have to ship them to Dan and have a factory 6.5# trigger installed. Why it has to be 10# boggles my mind. The AG can't make up her damn mind.....

It wasnt coakley it was the one before her that set the regs for mass compliant guns.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts