MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here tried the S&W factory front night sight? I want a tritium front for my .40c and saw these here on the M&P store page. I like the looks of the Warren tactical rear as well.

Shabo

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am using the Smith factory front night and Warren rear on my 9 and 9c. I like the combination so far.

Adam

·
Registered
319 Posts
i bought mine used from member here (thanks Jim
), and i am very happy with it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have the Smith factory front night sight with the Warren rear sight installed on my .40c. I like it very much! Here are some pics of this set up.

Ron

This is the original sights:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. Nice pix ront, thank you very much. I like the looks of the Warren rear. Without the dots I don't think I'll try too hard to line everything up perfectly before taking a shot. Spend the $$ and find out, right.

Were you guys able to install the new front and rear without too much trouble? Do you need a sight tool of some sort to push the sights out of their dovetails? All I've got that might work are punches and a hammer. Will that work?

Shabo

·
Registered
471 Posts
A friend helped me change mine out. We used a good table vise and an an aluminum punch that we made. It was pretty easy. That front sight was in there pretty hard though.

Ron

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used the sight tool from midway or brownells (it's the generic tool adjustable for most pistols) I think I read about it here. I didn't have any trouble at all with my Compact which I installed AFTER reading about how to do it here!

When I did my Full size 9 I assumed it was the same as my SIGs - remove/install on the left of the slide. WRONG. I did it, but it was tough!

Adam

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
APS, so what's the correct way to do this? Do the sights come out left to right or right to left (looking from the rear of the slide)? How much is the tool? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Shabo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts