MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the factory sights that S&W put on the M&P are excellent! Has anyone that has changed out your factory sights found something better??

·
Registered
298 Posts
On my 2 M&P9s I use Dan Burwell rear sights on both and a .100" fiber optic front on one and a .125" fiber front on the other, both front sights are Speed Shooters Specialties. These pistols are used for IDPA/USPSA shooting.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I use a Burwell rear and a F/O front as well on my game gun. I'll get a set of Heine STR8 or Warren night sights for my carry M&P9. Depending on who has their's to market 1st.

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
Sights are a matter of personal preference, I like the stock sights and the main upgrade would be to get night sights of a similar design.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I really like the stock sights so far. However, the new Warren Tacticals have peaked my interest so I guess I'll wait until they are available before I decide what to do.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Both of my M&P 9's have Dan Burwell Sights!!

My Front Sighs are from Speed Shooters Specialties.

I like them both, Dan Burwell installed both of them when he did my Trigger jobs.

I'm aware that Dawson has the M&P sights out too, I would like to try the Warrens as soon as Scott gets them out there. I like to try new products:)

Y

·
Registered
65 Posts
Rear sights

There's a lot of talk about replacing the M&P stock rear sight with something else. In another thread, I wrote about drifting my front sight from a factory position that was slightly to the right back to dead center. That brought the point of impact back to target but it's still hitting low and I'm doing these test firings from a rest so I believe I'm ruling out shooter error. Do any of these third party rear sight replacements allow for elevation adjustments as well as windage? I do all my range shooting with 9mm WWB ammo and understand that could be a factor in my low POI.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Like I mentioned in another thread (if you search), some of the low POIs may be because you are using 115gr. If you try a heavier weight round you will see the POI come up.

Maybe Dan or someone else knows what range/weight ammo S&W uses to zero the M&Ps.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Smith used to always use the 147 grain rounds because they believed this was the carry round of choice. This was of course wrong unless you were with the FBI. Most carry 124 or the 115 rounds. If they are still doing this it would explian the low impact for rounds. Personaly both of my 9's hit point of aim point of impact.

I am designing a sight for Ameri_glo that will be I think the best yet. It has a right angle front so it can be used for one handed gun operation and a rounded profile on the sides so it rolls with the slide and prints less for concealed carry. It will aslo not be so busy with angles so you are drawn to it, but will still give a good down range view around the sight. This sight comes from over 21 years in this business shooting and teaching and seeing to much field of view being blocked and sights that will not work in injured drills and sights that compromise the ability to drain every ounce of concealment from a gun. Hopefully I will have prototype at the SHOT show and we will go from there. Remember a rear sight is a window not a picture to look at. CHECK 360 David Bowie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts