MP-Pistol Forum banner

Failure to Feed HP

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  INTP 
#1 ·
MY new 9mm conpact will not feed any of the hollow points I have tried (Win Ranger, Rem GS, & Gold Dots) with the exception of Federal Hydra shock. The feed ramp seems to be at too steep of an angle and the round jams between the slide and feed ramp. pulling back on the slide an releasing will allow it to go into battery. I guess it could also be the mag follower not positiong the round at the correct angle.

Should I send it back to S&W or just accept this as is and stick to Federal ammo.

Thank Yall

J.W.

#2 ·
J.W. said:
MY new 9mm conpact will not feed any of the hollow points I have tried (Win Ranger, Rem GS, & Gold Dots) with the exception of Federal Hydra shock. The feed ramp seems to be at too steep of an angle and the round jams between the slide and feed ramp. pulling back on the slide an releasing will allow it to go into battery. I guess it could also be the mag follower not positiong the round at the correct angle.

Should I send it back to S&W or just accept this as is and stick to Federal ammo.

Thank Yall

J.W.

Absolutely not accept this. By all means let the factory take a look at it and make it right. You didn't spend $500 on a gun that can only shoot one brand of ammo. Sorry you are having problems. You know that S&W will send you a pre-paid mailing label right? Give them a call first thing next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.