MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
The Dark Earth Polymer has been undergoing MilSpec trials and there is a performance variation at extreme cold temps that is being worked out. Sources say that the issue is solved and once the current batch pass the tests, the frame variation will be entering production.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As you can imagine, the details are being kept under wraps.

But, something is different between the Black and Dark Earth colors when subjected to some kind of testing in extremely cold temperatures. Until that variation is solved, the Dark Earth will not be available.

And yes, the Black was already subjected to the testing. The problem isn't that one fails, it is that one performs differently. That is all I can say.

Unless you have plans to rely on your pistol in harsh arctic wilderness under combat conditions, none of this should give any concern to the civilian buyer. And in fact, it won't be an issue because none of the pistols will be sold until the variance is eliminated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
DukieDog said:
As you can imagine, the details are being kept under wraps.

But, something is different between the Black and Dark Earth colors when subjected to some kind of testing in extremely cold temperatures. Until that variation is solved, the Dark Earth will not be available.

And yes, the Black was already subjected to the testing. The problem isn't that one fails, it is that one performs differently. That is all I can say.

Unless you have plans to rely on your pistol in harsh arctic wilderness under combat conditions, none of this should give any concern to the civilian buyer. And in fact, it won't be an issue because none of the pistols will be sold until the variance is eliminated.

OK - so what I want to know is, does the black frame pass the ENV testing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts