MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i recently bought some fedarms range grade remanufactured ammo. It was 500rnds for around 75 bucks through ammoseek.com. Has anyone used this stuff? I went through about 315 rounds. Had a few issues but it was the first time shooting my m&p2.0 so the magazines i feel were to blame(failure to chamber the round)twice in each magazine. I had issues with all three mags the first load but after that i only had 1ftf and it was just a dud. I know its remanufactured so for just reg range ammo im pretty happy. Any body else have experience using fedarms ammo?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I’ve never heard of that ammo, but I doubt it’s your Mags. Possible, but unlikely.

If you want some low cost centerfire range ammo; I’ve never had Winchester White Box, or Remington UMC fail me. Both are cheap, available most anywhere, and have worked in everything for me, you might try that.

Is your M&P a Shield?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I’ve never heard of that ammo, but I doubt it’s your Mags. Possible, but unlikely.

If you want some low cost centerfire range ammo; I’ve never had Winchester White Box, or Remington UMC fail me. Both are cheap, available most anywhere, and have worked in everything for me, you might try that.

Is your M&P a Shield?
I'll second the winchester white box. I go through about 5k rounds of that per year. It isn't the cleanest ammo but it is reliable for range work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have used winchester white box before my gun store just didnt have any. My [email protected] compact ran just fine after the first go around with each magazine. The readon i feel it was the magazine is because there wasa difference between night and day loading rounds into them just from first time and second time around. First time there was waay more pressure behind the spring and you could hear them flex or move inside the mag it was very scratchy sounding. This was with all . After though, loading rounds got easier and easier and it sounded more nirmal and like i said no issues after the first go around with each magazine. I shot roughly 130 rounds of the fedarms ammo tgrough my canik tp9 last night and no issues either.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Academy currently has a sale on Federal Black Pack 115 grain brass fmj 250 rounds for $60 on sale for $39. Usually 24¢ a round on sale for 16¢ per round. I shot a ton of it today and it was excellent. 750 rounds for $120 under this current sale.

They also sell Browning 124 grain brass fmj for 16.7¢ each daily ($24.99 for 150 rounds). It’s been flawless for me.

The white box winchester has several reports of issues if you look around. I do believe some get lucky with it and it runs for them. It’s the ammo i see the most complaints with.

Also at Academy Fiocchi 115 grain brass fmj is normally 22¢ each, goes on sale for 16¢ every month or two. It runs excellent.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't see $75/500 rounds as a good price at all for that ammo.

I usually shoot Blazer Brass in both my Shield and Compact, never any problems with it and Dunham's has it right now for $17/100 rounds which works out to $85/500 for new reliable ammo. And I go pick it up at the store so there's no shipping charge.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I don't see that on their site - only $10 for 50, but at 16¢ per round in store that point still remains that typically it’s better to get known good ammo instead of online bulk and it’s brass.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When Academy does their sale on the Fiocchi 115gr., I stock up. Runs flawlessly in everything 9 I have. Still have some CCI/Blazer brass 115gr. that I got @ $160/1K bulk from PSA. Shoots great and is pretty clean. Been through all types of reload or "remanufactured" ammo and none of it matched their price for performance, reliability, or cleanliness. Makes no sense to me to save a couple cents to get seemingly mediocre ammo when good stuff is readily available for good prices.

Reactions: oscars774

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I’ve been running WWB in all my 9mm and .45acp pistols for over 12 years now without any issues, and I don’t think that I’m just “lucky.” It’s about the only factory range ammo that I use, and and I’ve made a hell of a lot of reloads using WWB brass over the years, too.

When I started buying it; you could get 230gr FMJ .45acp ammo for $20.00/100, and 115gr FMJ 9mm for $10.00/100.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts