MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time I have had to go buy ammo in awhile to begin restock.

Walmart was carrying 2 I had not seen before, including the 9mm federal, but with an aluminum case instead of brass.

Has anyone run this stuff?

Has anyone run it through a shield?

At 2/3rds the price and under $10 a box it's a steal if it works

Thank you for your actual experience replies!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have ran about 100 rounds of that ammo through my Shield with no problems. For the price you can't beat it and if you are just training with the ammo it's good.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've run it in my Shield. Per my spreadsheet, I had on FTE because the aluminum case expanded enough to make it stick in the chamber. It's ok for range fodder, esp if you don't reload.

·
Registered
644 Posts
This is the only ammo that my Shield does not like. As stated above, the casing expands in the chamber and the extractor cannot pull it out consistently. This does not cause me heartburn as I just won't shoot that ammo type in my Shield... Problem solved.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After giving it the old college try, I can happily say, that my shield eats it like candy. No issues whatsoever and my training institute allows it for training.
I am sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I've shot thousands of rounds of the BLAZER aluminum with no problems.
Don't know if Federal is in any way different than Blazer,other than color of box.

·
Site Staff
9,636 Posts
From what I have read about it on the net, most guns run it no problem at all, some pistols choke on it.

So....give it a try to see if your pistol likes it or not, if it runs good and you don't reload, I'd say to go for it. Don't make a big purchase till you have tried it, but if it works for you, good deal!

Similar advice applies to steel cased ammo, it works in most, but some choke on it. If it works for you, saving money is cool! When I get to the range, one of the first things I do is to look around for brass cases that have been left behind, most times little to nothing, bot once in a while you score some brass, one day the Police snipers had just left from a training day, and left behind several hundred 5.56 brass cases!! There is a ton of fired steel cases laying around, so lots of people are using it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts