MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?: Has anyone had failure to feed problems with their 40c?

I have had three in 150 rounds. I am shooting Remington UMC 180 gr. FMJ ('cause they are inexpensive). The bullet has a flat nose. On the second or third round of a full mag, the flat nose hangs up on the small vertical lip at the base of the feed ramp. In two of the misfeeds, the slide locked back on the catch. To clear the jam, I've had to drop the mag and reinsert. The jammed round strips out of the mag as it drops.

I realize the gun is not fully broken in yet. I've not had a similar problem in my Ruger P944 in 750+ rounds of the same ammo. I've picked up some WWB 165 FMJ to try on my next trip to the range.

I have already polished the feed ramp with my Dremel.

I don't think I'm limp-wristing the gun, especially since the slide is locking back.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have the Full size 9, not the 40c, but I was having some similiar problems with the UMC ammo. In my first 300 rounds using UMC I had two ftf's and some problems with the slide locking back. I sent a few mags of Federal Hydrashock through the gun with no problems. Some of the more experienced guys said it was a result of the weak ammo...if that helps.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've fed my 40c a steady diet of CHEAP-A$$ ammo since the first day I shot it. I've got about 500 rounds through it with not a single hiccup. NADA. ZIP. NO issues. Perfection.

I'm almost afraid to put something expensive in the magazine...

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 40c was jamming at the feed ramp about 2 or 3 times a clip.. sent it back to s&w they replaced the barrel and they polished the ramp. now you can put anything through it . i would send it back.shiped and returned in 8 days........

·
Registered
501 Posts
With Winchester white box at ~ 20/100 I'd be trying some of it long before I grabbed the dremel, but that's what makes a horse race isn't it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input, guys. The more I've thought about it, the more I think it is an ammo problem. I'm going to shoot the WWB 165 gr. ammo before I do anything else to the gun.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts