MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it in
! OMG, I LOVE this flashlight. It it brighter than my Inova T4 and has more spill, but is less than half the size(smaller than a Mini Mag.

The amount of light is adjustable to several different outputs:

9 lumens-55hrs

40 lumens-10.5hrs

80 lumens-4hrs

135 lumens-2.4hrs

Plus a strobe and S.O.S. mode.

All this from a two AA LED flashlight (I like to call it a torch, because that's what it it). Uses a Cree 50,000hr LED.

Price=$55

I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS FLASHLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
From what I understand, the Cree LED is a giant

leap in technology and will bring the LED flashlight to the next level.

I've been looking at purchasing a new LED flashlight and have been told to

wait for the Cree LED to come out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
darklyte24 said:
www.fenix-store.com

before anyone starts buying , how bout we try to get a group buy? im sure we can get some kind of deal!

Looks to be a great light. I'd be interested in one.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have more than one Fenix light and they are nice lights. I still need to get one of the Cree lights, but they are very nice. The Fenix-store is a great place to deal with and they will treat you right!

Ron

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was looking to buy a Surefire C3 Centurion because it is able to put out 105 lumens for 60 minutes. I'm glad you guys mentioned the L2D CE. I like all the modes and the fact that you can adjust the beam.

Has anyone tried using it outdoors yet? Does it light up your surroundings well in the open?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Cree

The L2D CE the first poster appears to have the Cree type LED, if I'm reading this right.

http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=195

I don't need another flashlight-at the moment-but keep us posted on any group buy prices. I keep hearing that this Cree is the heat for flashlights now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yeah, the Cree's are a large leap in LED technology - more leaps to follow. A couple other companies are coming online with the same emitters, but the Cree is here NOW.

Fenix are pretty good lights. I have a pre-Cree L1P and it's a nice long-running utility light.

Fenix-store is good to deal with. Also check out Lumapower. They are pushing out some pretty serious lights as well. Still a little pricey $75+, but you get a lot.

I'm exciting about the prospect of a Cree weapon light.

Surefire is getting the Cree bandwagon. They'll be a little slower coming out, but they'll be pretty sporty.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YukonGlocker said:
How does the light output compare to a Surefire E2E?
Well, since the specs say 60 lumens for 75 min from a Xenon bulb for the Surefire, I think the Fenix is pretty much better overall as far as light goes. The ONLY two things I think the Surefire might have going for it are it's rugged durability and light throw. Incandescents just have better throw.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
MilitaryPower said:
[quote name='YukonGlocker']How does the light output compare to a Surefire E2E?
Well, since the specs say 60 lumens for 75 min from a Xenon bulb for the Surefire, I think the Fenix is pretty much better overall as far as light goes. The ONLY two things I think the Surefire might have going for it are it's rugged durability and light throw. Incandescents just have better throw.[/quote]

well comparing LED to xenon is apples and oranges. The lumens measurement doesn't translate real well to actual use. An LED can put out more light, but per lumen, it seldom has better throw than a xenon bulb.

My question is howw white are the cree LEDs? The luxeons come in severa flavors of white, and the blue tinged ones bother me.

That being said, the P1D looks awfully tempting with those numbers.

Who else are using cree leds?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I havent gotten a reply, yet but so far The list I see is

Myself 1

Morgan Walker 1

Jester 2

sphpkr 1

No I haven't received a email yet. this was a 3 day weekend for some people.

Hang tight, As I will try to do my best to get some type of a deal.

Check back daily, I usually check my email a few times a day, and this site daily and I will update as soon as I hear.

I have also bought from Fenix-store.com before, they are nice to deal with.

And not to forget to mention, Standard SHIPPING IS FREE!!

I personally have this light L2T, reviewed by http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/fenix_l1t-l2t.htm

If you haven't already looked at that review site, I suggest you do. They dont have the newest light reviewed because the guy has shifted his time doing other things. He has im sure well over 100+ different flashlight reviews.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts