MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing a lot of practice with my fire steel. I have also become quite good at starting fires with the ferro. rod. Mine rods are not very big they are only 2-3 inches big.
I would like to get a larger ferroecium rod . The size I’m looking for is around 6inchs long and .5 inch thick
What size of rods do most of you guys use ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's not the size of the rod, it's the action of the Jackson....lol Seriously, I make a gadget that I saw (that they want WAY too much for). I take an aluminum cigar tube or small, burned-out flashlight. Take a Dremel and cut out a 1/2" by, oh 2/3 of the tube. Then glue a piece of Ferro rod inside the tube. The take a hacksaw blade and break it in half and viola. What that does is funnels the sparks onto the tinder and is 3X more productive for less Ferro. I like the flashlights 'cause the lid screws off, so I attach the blade to the lid and slide it into the body and screw the lid on and it's a nice complete until. I even put vasoline cotton balls in a plastic bag in there and it's good to go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s sounds like a good idea . I would like to see some pic. of how you did it. I also know about the gadget that you mention. I just can’t remember it’s name or who makes it.
All I can remember is the price was more then I would pay for something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts