MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If lets say a few of my freinds wanted to get 5 handgun from the same distributer to get a break on shipping and price but pay with 1 credit card.All the guns are sent the same ffl under the buyers name. The FFL would fill out a seperate 4473 for each person.

Would this be considered a straw purchase because the guns were bought buy 1 person?

Or not because the each gun had a seperate 4473 from each transferer filled out?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am by no means an expert, but I believe as long as there are separate transactions from the FFL to each individual from your group, and they don't all end up handing the gun back over to the main person who put it on his credit card, you should be good to go.

This is, however, completely based on common sense, and we all know the law doesn't make sense

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's technically not yours until the paperwork is filled out at the FFL, so I don't think it matters whose card it went on, as long as everyone is eligible to have a gun transferred to them. That makes too much sense though, so there's probably something illegal about it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think it's ok. . . . A buddy of mine used his card to pay for 2 SKS's for another friend. Friend #2's name and stuff went on the FFL paperwork but the bill went to Buddy #1. Sure it's not the exact situation but I assume it will work. . . . Maybe some readin on the ATF website would be advised and talking to the FFL.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Having had an FFL years ago I have to wonder how much of a break you'll get. Back then you could usually buy a pistol cheaper retail from a high volume shop than a low volume shop could buy it from a wholesaler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts