MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4sfTsb052Yo

i'm using my canon powershot G7 showing how to field strip my new S&W m&p 9mm. features as follow: double action semiautomatic pistol, ambidextrous mag release and slide stop, fish scale serrated slide, 3 size very cool changeable back straps and 2 steel 17 round mags.

all things are permissible but not all things are beneficial...

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
There are people out there that say the M&P is hard to field strip, your video puts that rumor to rest!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nice job...

·
Registered
937 Posts
About the only trouble I've ever had taking the thing down is having to hold the take-down lever down so it doesn't flip halfway up when I pull the slide. Detail strip insructions are usually harder to find and much more valuable.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's one thing good about my m&p because i don't have to return lever up. it just return by itself if i fully bring slide rearward. no need for extra push...my manual says RELEASE take down lever, not use always (means don't hold/block).

________________________________________________________________________________

__

all things are permissible but not all things are benificial :wink:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the reason your take down lever seems to prematurely take your spring back up and your slide just can't get through is because you were not pulling your slide brisk enough. when you replace back your lug in place make sure your spring snugly fits its groove and pull back your slide more quicker than you used to with no hesitation fully rearward and you won't need that index finger holding back take down lever no more.

________________________________________________________________________________

__

all things are permissible but not all things are beneficial

1 - 7 of 7 Posts