MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got backfrom Fin, Feather, And Fur Outfitters in Ashland, Ohio. For those of you who have been there, you know it's a place you wish you could have a free shopping spree to. Well, I went up there last two weeks ago and looked at the guns, but when I went tonight, they had a big Smith Authorized Dealer sign inside the doorway and one of their cases is now dominated by Smith 1911's.

Nice pieces, though the thing I heard about their parts not being interchangable with the common 1911's stuck out in my head. Warranty for breakage wouldn't be as important as customization. Though if I could afford a 1K$ 1911, It'd probably be pretty close to perfect. Certainly more-so than i could make it.

I just thought I'd send out the word to the Ohio shooters in case they didn't know.

-Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
I do most of my firearms needs there or Kames in North Canton. It's good to here form another Fin, Feather, and Fur patron.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I stopped in the over the weekend---Wasn't too impressed with their prices/selection on firearms. It was however my first time there. I was impressed with their archery section! Very nice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
dakotaman said:
I stopped in the over the weekend---Wasn't too impressed with their prices/selection on firearms. It was however my first time there. I was impressed with their archery section! Very nice.

I was there this weekend, and their selection was thin. They usually have more selection, but end of the year my guess they are attempting to get rid of as much inventory as possible. Where do you usually go that has a bigger selection and better prices, I would love to go there.

·
Registered
197 Posts
FieroCDSP said:
Just got backfrom Fin, Feather, And Fur Outfitters in Ashland, Ohio. For those of you who have been there, you know it's a place you wish you could have a free shopping spree to. Well, I went up there last two weeks ago and looked at the guns, but when I went tonight, they had a big Smith Authorized Dealer sign inside the doorway and one of their cases is now dominated by Smith 1911's.

Nice pieces, though the thing I heard about their parts not being interchangable with the common 1911's stuck out in my head. Warranty for breakage wouldn't be as important as customization. Though if I could afford a 1K$ 1911, It'd probably be pretty close to perfect. Certainly more-so than i could make it.

I just thought I'd send out the word to the Ohio shooters in case they didn't know.

-Chris

Im from Ashland but never have stopped by Finn since I live in Columbus now. I heard good things about that place. Do they have a range as well?

·
Registered
41 Posts
They have a pistol range, although I have never used it, I have heard it is not the best in the world, but there are pistols you can rent to shoot.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where do you usually go that has a bigger selection and better prices, I would love to go there.

Well I live near Columbus so it's Vances Shooters Supply for me or Buckeye Outdoors. You can find them online and check out their sales ad.

·
Registered
170 Posts
All aftermarket parts will fit the S&W 1911s except sites. I did a complete build on one of mine and the only parts left that are S&W are the frame/slide. Never had an issue with aftermarket parts, the sites are the problem as they are the same cut smith uses on the 9mm semis but several makers now have them specifically for the S&W 1911.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts