MP-Pistol Forum banner

Finally became officially one of you...

4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  jtaliani 
#1 ·
Took the leap, and here it is in all its no-lock-and-no-mag-disconnect-safety glory:

Thanks to all who have offered their words of wisdom and advice in helping me make a buying decision that I'm very pleased with. Am taking it out on its maiden range trip sometime in the next few days...can't wait!

See less See more
#10 ·
markh said:
Congrats! Great weapon an I like the background on the photo as well. Keep ups posted on how you like your purchase.
Thanks -- I'm going to give it another shot in a day or two, see if I can get rid of the glare on the book.

The subject of the photo also requires one change (before I head off to the range in couple days) -- need to get that "large" backstrap off and put on the "medium."

#11 ·
*Edited with better pic.*

Broke it down this morning to get any packing grease, etc. off and lube w/ FP-10 before hitting the range tomorrow. Very easy to strip (though the instructions oddly leave off putting the sear lever back in place upon reassembly, but I suppose that's an obvious step).

Called up S&W to get the manuf./ship date, and mine (a MPB****) is a May '06 release; the person on the phone assured me it has all of the updates. On the inside part of the frame, it has REV N...can anyone confirm this revision has the striker (and ??) updates? And, yes, it does have the updated slide release lever.

#16 ·
Took it out to the range today, and it performed flawlessly -- POA was POI (at least, near as I could tell after not shooting 9mm for two years...it's going to take a bit to get used to the snappiness of the 9mm as opposed to the push of the .45 that I've gotten so used to), no feeding or ejection problems, etc. Only difficulty was loading up those brand-new, stiff 17-round mags...but I know those'll loosen up w/ use. A very satisfying experience that assures me I made the right decision in picking one of these up.

#19 ·
I'm not sure that it would have all of the updates. My MPAxxxx is a revision M and it definitely didn't have the updated striker nor the tear drop cut on the breach face. Not that it is a big deal but you may want to check out your striker. If it is old I would request one of the updated ones be sent to you or put in.

#20 ·
jtaliani said:
I'm not sure that it would have all of the updates. My MPAxxxx is a revision M and it definitely didn't have the updated striker nor the tear drop cut on the breach face. Not that it is a big deal but you may want to check out your striker. If it is old I would request one of the updated ones be sent to you or put in.
How do I check my striker? What is the difference between the old and new...what am I looking for?

...and what was wrong w/ the initial striker that required a rework?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.