MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally – two, maybe three weeks after bringing it home – I got to shoot my .40 M&P.

I pulled a few hours Auxiliary Police duty and one of the firearms instructors was shift supervisor. That means – if no calls – Range time.

At about 17 yards out I got some decent grouping considering how long it’s been since I’ve shot at all and considering my first time with the M&P – no props to lean on – just free standing.

Those 15 round mag’s are great. I bought an extra one so I can have two extra’s on the duty belt.

Of course I let the other guys try it out too. All positive comments. One other officer liked it so much he said he’s gonna see if the local gunshop I got mine from will take his present pistol in for tradecredit toward his purchasing an M&P for himself.

Now I’m tempted to let my S&W CS45 go (sell it) to get the M&P Compact 40.

Everyone who shot it kept on about how good it was.

Just thought I’d pass this on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
awesome, a few more range trips with my MP9, and if there are no errors the M&P 40 will be my carry weapon when I turn 21 for my CCW.

·
Registered
114 Posts
@ArmyCop: I have the CS45 as well but I wouldn't let it go for the MP Cmpact. Mainly because it's such a good weapon and comes with a thumb safety, something the Compact lacks entirely. The way I break it down is like this, SW CS45 for conceal/carry, MP for home... WillieG

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also bought the full size M&P.40 first and then became hooked, so I recently replaced my then CCW - which was a Glock G27 with my newest "family member" - with a M&P.40c. But as far as letting a CS45 go, that's a tough call - the CS45 is a mighty fine weapon.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DiskMan said:
@ArmyCop: I have the CS45 as well but I wouldn't let it go for the MP Cmpact. Mainly because it's such a good weapon and comes with a thumb safety, something the Compact lacks entirely. The way I break it down is like this, SW CS45 for conceal/carry, MP for home... WillieG

That's probably gonna be the way it is with me too. The CS45's a great CCW. On a good day I can punch out groups within the space a doorknob takes up at around 17 to 20 feet with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts