MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been keeping a close eye on the M&P since it came out, having wanted an inexpensive polymer 9mm to add to the collection -- shooting strictly .45 is getting spendy these days -- and the XD just never quite did it for me, trigger-wise and ergonomically speaking, and Glocks certainly never have. From what I'd seen and heard, the M&P's look asthetically great, and sound as though they perform just as nicely as they look. I have several S&Ws and enjoy their brand and warranty, so the stars seemed to be lining up.

I *finally* had a chance to shoot one today, as my local range at last got one up for rent, and I was not disappointed, to say the least. It feels slimmer than the XD and has a way of melding to the hand that the blocky XD, for me, did not have; I"m not sure what backstrap the range had on it (though I'm guessing the medium), but whatever it was, it was perfect...you'd never know one was shooting a doublestack. It also seemed to have less muzzle flip than the XD (lower bore axis?), and allowed me to get back on target noticably quicker. The trigger reset also appeared to be about a third shorter than the long reset of the XD, which I was *very* thankful to see.

No failures of any sort, nice trigger pull, accurate...what more could you ask? After shooting 1911s almost exclusively of late, the two-piece hinged trigger feel took a bit of getting used to, but in end it almost felt like it was hugging my index pad and I became quite comfortable with it.

I see a certain on-line gunstore has them on sale for $369 w/out the disconnect safety...trying to resist, but I may not last through the day without ordering one. :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, actually now it appears inventory has changed from yesterday to today...I don't see that Bud's has any of those $369 17-round 9mm w/out locks left. Damn. I have an email into them to see if they plan to restock.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Took my MP40 out today....

Got to take my MP40 to the range today for only the 2nd time. Slipped out by myself with no distractions. Love shooting that gun! The 40 is a little snappy but very manageable. So far I've put about 600 rounds through her with no failures of any kind.

I was also alternating shooting my SW9VE (which also has never had any kind of failures with about 1500 rounds down range), which is not a great idea because of the difference in trigger pull but did ok anyway. Had a few flyers but still not too bad. Most holes close to center. No big news just had to tell someone!!! 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts