MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got mine out to the range. Only put 100 rounds through her.

- Flawless function even when I tried to limp wrist it to get a ftf/fte. Couldn't be done without me actually dropping the gun.

- I went with the thin grip insert and it felt pretty good. I will try again with the thick to see if the groups tighten up a bit.

- I don't like the sights and will be swaping out the rear ASAP. Anyone know the measurements on the rear notch and were I can find a wider one w/ no dots?

- I was shooting about an inch low and about 3-4 inches left at 10 yards. I usually shoot to the left with new pistols and have to adjust accordingly but hopefully some new sights (with a better sight picture) and some more familiarity with a few hundred more rounds will move the shots up a bit.

- The slide lock is right under my thumb so I was having some lockback issues. May have to make some grip adjustments too. D'oh.

- I love this gun. Very comfortable and there seems to be a bit less recoil than some other 9mm's but it is sort of hard to tell with 9mm.

- Doesn't break my heart that I sold my Glock

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats man!

I found the same low left problem w/ mine ... got a NRA B-27 target, shootin L/L would still mess up someones day @ 50'.

Interestingly, if I shot it one-handed I hit dead center mass of the target, so I'm going to work with that grip this week.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morgan Walker said:
Print this target and verify your shooting. http://shootingsafely.com/correction.jpg

Thanks for the link MW. Great chart.

I think I will put a few more down range before and try it from a rest before I move the sights. I would still like to swap out the rear though. New to shooting the M&P so some grip/trigger finger adjustments may be in order. I'll get it figured out. It's all part of the fun right :wink: .

I was looking at the Warren sight. Glad to hear it is a bit wider. The pistols I have that I shoot the best have wider rear notches and I seem to shoot them better. Don't know if that is the only reasn why but never question accuracy eh :mrgreen: . Plus the eyes are getting a bit older and the tighter the sight picture the fuzzier they seem to get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts