MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it backordered from S&W. I know everybody has been out of stock, but it finally got here. Cant wait to get it on.

And a question...

Would it be acceptable to drift the old front sight out, and the new front in with a brass punch? or should I spend the time (and money) to have it installed? Oh, and if I install it myself, should I add just a dab of blue loctite?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just did mine last week. Used a Brass punch but that didn't work, even with a 4 pound hammer. Then used a steel punch, and after 20+ good whacks it finally broke loose, then just tapped it the rest of the way out. Yes front sights are that tight!

Going back in I used the steel punch as well.....

Good luck and take your time. Also once I got mine where I wanted it, I applied 1 drop of RED LocTite with a toothpick to the front sight. It will wick in between the dovetail and sight base. Remember Red is supposed to be "permanent".

Jeff

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I used an aluminum punch. It does take a big hit to get it out. Drift toward the ejector side to remove!! A little polish and the alum/brass comes off!!

Good luck!

p.s. Did you get a new sear?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coltman1985 said:
I used an aluminum punch. It does take a big hit to get it out. Drift toward the ejector side to remove!! A little polish and the alum/brass comes off!!

Good luck!

p.s. Did you get a new sear?

No, post office lost them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts