MP-Pistol Forum banner

Finally got my M&P 9 sent off for service!

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  koumiss45 
#1 ·
Today I finally got my ups label in the mail from Smith and promptly took the gun to the ups hub to ship it off. I talked to a smith and wesson rep on last monday, so 8 total days so far. I can't wait to have her back, and hopefully I won't have to part with her again. I hear their turn around is amazing, so I guess I'll put em to the test. I have heard stories of them doing free work and giving away mag's and such, are these true and current?

#9 ·
Ok...so the range session today had it's ups and downs. First off, the M&P fired fine through 200 rounds of 115 fmj WWB. The problem came when I let my buddy shoot it, the darn left rear novak dot fell off. To say the least I was embarrassed, he being a XD guy told me he had not had any issues with his piece. The performance was top notch though with several "one hole" groups out to 15 yds, despite a 15-20 mph cross wind....oh well, I guess I will call Smith on this one Monday morning.

#13 ·
I am going to see what Smith wants to do about it. Yeah, after that post I searched for the dot falling off and found some others with the same issue. I am not going to send it in though...it only takes a week, but still. I hope they'll just send me a rear sight and move on. I also saw a post where they gave a guy a set of night sights for a good price, I'm wondering what that price was. I like the low mount novaks a lot, but I would be open to trying night sights for a decent price.

#14 ·
So called Smith and Wesson today, the guy I ended up talking to was kinda a Pri@%. I told him of my issue and asked if a new sight could be sent to my house, he proceeded to say, "The dots are only painted on, just take some paint and redo it. Currently, all of the rear dots are blacked out...and I knew this I just simply don't think I want to be painting on the sights. A) I swear I have OCD and anything less than a perfect dot would haunt me for years to come B) This isn't a Hi Point... I payed for quality and expect it in return. I loved my first experience with Tech Support, but this one ticked me off. I really don't know why..... I don't think it should have.....but it did. Oh well, what should I do? I'm thinking of calling and praying I get someone else who will help me out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.