MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, Comptac Infidel. Ordered it Tuesday late at night, got it on a Saturday. That is why I love Comptac! Surprisingly, the M&P in the Infidel feel thinner and conceals better than my G19 in a CTAC. The holster is easy on, easy off. Reason I got it. Still waiting on my Crossbreed but im about another 4 weeks out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Matt,

Cool pics. I am considering the Comptac Infidel as well. Did you just get the clip for it? Is it pretty secure? How comfortable is it? I don't have any experience with kydex. Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, it feels like any other kydex against the skin (not good). I plan on going to the store and sticking moleskin on the back like I do for my Kydex gear. I just got the clip as I wanted quick on and off. Have practiced a few hundred draws with it and it is secure for me. With a good belt (Wilderness 5 stich) I didn't have any belt sag issues. If I need to change the holster, I can always order the proper loop/strut for this holster. I love modularity.

I also have a Crossbreed Supertuck on order that I will use if I need to tuck or for an M&P compact. I sweat bad and if I plan on being out in the sun, I will use Kydex only as I don't want to ruin anything leather.

If you haven't used Kydex, it is fast to draw from, at least for me.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've always been a big fan of the Comptac C-TAC. How does the Infidel compare to that one? What are the pros and/or cons for this one compared to the C-TAC? Just curious.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I prefer the Infidel, but the Infidel is a bunch of holsters in one. The CTAC is nice, but I don't like the forward clip which digs into my leg. I trimmed it on my CTAC so it doesn't do this. The only advantage I see for the CTAC is adjustable cant.

The Infidel is easier on and off with a clip. You can use belt loops, whichever strut you want etc. so you can tailor it to your needs.

Both have Comptac's great quality.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Matt

I am debating between the G19 and the M&P9, can you give your impressions of concealability of the two?

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Surprisingly, the M&P in the Infidel feel thinner and conceals better than my G19 in a CTAC. The holster is easy on, easy off. Reason I got it. Still waiting on my Crossbreed but im about another 4 weeks out.

Still feel the same way. I could conceal the full size M&P under tighter shirts that would print more with the Glock. My conclusion is the M&P has a slightly smaller grip that helps, but mostly the way the Comptac Infidel with Belt Clip fits me, causes it to pull in tighter.

I love my full size very much. Only way I would give it up is for a $2000+ 1911, but I still don't know if I could even then. If you can get an M&P full for under $400, it isn't even a close comparison, get the M&P full.

The compact is very similar to carrying a Glock 26 size wise. I prefer larger guns, but have been carrying the compact lately since I am too lazy to take the light off my full size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts