MP-Pistol Forum banner

Finally ordered a holster for my 40c...

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Lr01 
#1 ·
I've been looking at a lot of holsters since I picked up my 40c a few weeks back. I pretty much standardized on Bianchi Carry-Lok rigs for CCW and IDPA a year or so back, but they're not doing one for the compact yet. (My 40c does fit my old G23 Carry-Lok but it's a bit oversized.)

I want to try something different. I almost ordered a DeSantis Speed Scabbard, which is the rig I used for a number of years with my S&W 3913. I've had good experiences with DeSantis.

Then I found this: http://www.desantisholster.com/019.html

I've always liked tunnel-back rigs like the Milt Sparks 55BN so I have high hopes for this one. I found an online discounter - it came out to $42 shipped.

I'll advise how it is when it gets here!

See less See more
#2 ·
That will work, you cant get any better than a DeSantis... Let us know how it works for you.

#7 ·
HeavyDuty said:
Crap! I just realized this is a 1.5" holster - my Wilderness belt is 1.75".

Oh, well - I've been meaning to order a 1.5" Wilderness Frequent Flyer anyway...

I looked a the FF model, just like there standard the best...

#9 ·
Fortunately I don't travel via airports that often, so I will stick to the standard and keep smiling... :wink:

#10 ·
That's been one of my favorite holsters for the G27 for YEARS (G23 fits, too). Rock solid, and easy to conceal (I'm in NE FL, as well). Wish they made it for the full size (don't have a compact YET!).

I wish more folks made tunnel loop holsters...they just work better for me, but are very hard to find. I've taken to using mostly paddle holsters for this reason.

#11 ·
Update...

The holster finally arrived Saturday. In its current form, don't bother.

The DeSantis holster selector states the 019 is made to fit the M&P Compact. It's actually their G29/30 model, and the fit is awful. The muzzle sticks 1/4" out the end of the holster and none of the boning is appropriate. Plus, the trigger guard shape is all wrong.

In correspondence with DeSantis they admitted the only holsters they make specifically for the M&P Compact are the 001 and 002. I'm going through the hassle of an exchange now.

I'm not real happy with DeSantis right now...

#12 ·
HeavyDuty said:
Update...

The DeSantis holster selector states the 019 is made to fit the M&P Compact. It's actually their G29/30 model, and the fit is awful. The muzzle sticks 1/4" out the end of the holster and none of the boning is appropriate. Plus, the trigger guard shape is all wrong.

In correspondence with DeSantis they admitted the only holsters they make specifically for the M&P Compact are the 001 and 002. I'm going through the hassle of an exchange now.

Damn. I wouldn't be either!!!!

#17 ·
HeavyDuty said:
Update...

Same thing happened to me with a Gould & Goodrich holster I ordered through Gunners Alley. Got the holster, and the label states "Fits G17/22, M&P..." It's clearly molded for a G17/22. Caveat Emptor and all that.

#19 ·
HeavyDuty said:
The replacement holster finally arrived today - a Speed Scabbard. All's well that ends well - I suppose I can't lady about a Speed Scabbard for $42 even if it took two months!

I am trying to decide between the Desantis speed scabbard and the thumb break scabbard -

I have never owned a holster with a thumb break - but played with one (empty gun) I don't think it slows me down much. I wish it was designed so you could take it off / on if you want.

I may give open carry a try - and for some reason (prevent gun grab maybe) I think a thumb break would be a must.

Can you fit a full size M&P in the same holster?

#20 ·
I ordered a speed scabbard one day, shipped the next,

I figured at least 2 weeks because i'm a lefty but it is on it's way. should be here Friday.

I got the one without the thumb break because i will normally carry IWB, (i have to decide which one i'm going to order for that) but when i goto the range or out plinking, i'll use this one.

I would actually like to have someone make one for the 9c that's IWB/OWB that has a nice look when worn OWB.

All of my internet searching has turned up nothing.

I do like the looks of the Milt sparks Axiom, or the CTAC, or the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.

Any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.