·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Going to try out the M&P 45 tomorrow

·
Registered
910 Posts
I don't believe you have a M&P45 because you didn't lady about how thin the coating is on the finish, or how crappy the extractor looks, how used the gun appears to be brand new, how the saggy frame flex is similar to the saggy hoohoo's of Rosie O'donald, or how overall it is a poor product that shouldn't have been released by S&W.

Now that my rant against whiners is over, congratulations. She's a beauty. I hope you enjoy her as much as me and thousands of others enjoy our's. Let us know how she shoots your first time out. You've got a nice little collection going there.

·
Registered
422 Posts
josh said:
I don't believe you have a M&P45 because you didn't lady about how thin the coating is on the finish, or how crappy the extractor looks, how used the gun appears to be brand new, how the saggy frame flex is similar to the saggy hoohoo's of Rosie O'donald, or how overall it is a poor product that shouldn't have been released by S&W.

hehe, +1,000

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I do vaguely remember something about that, Josh could you remind me... OIC you have thanks much... Great looking trio there, now you need some compacts, or do those have to many issues too?

:wink:

Again great looking trio, you should name them the "Three Amigos" or "tres hombres"

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Yes we should just buy whatever S&W decides they want to sell us.

josh said:

Now that my rant against whiners is over, congratulations. She's a beauty. I hope you enjoy her as much as me and thousands of others enjoy our's. Let us know how she shoots your first time out. You've got a nice little collection going there.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Oh no of course not. I'll be only to glad to buy anything they deign to sell me. It's a privilege to buy anything they sell.

Anyway Urabus, how is your .45? I'm still looking for one.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's very simple.

There are many options in the gun business. If you don't like something, don't buy it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Steelshooter said:
Oh no of course not. I'll be only to glad to buy anything they deign to sell me. It's a privilege to buy anything they sell.

Sorry, guess I misread your post!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steelshooter said:

I've shot around 750 rounds so far and have had no problems...My 45 is my favorite out of all the M&P's.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I spent 4 years at Pearl Harbor in the late 80's when I was in the Marines. What are civilian gun laws like in Hawaii? I thought they were pretty restrictive? What do you have to do to buy a pistol?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steelshooter said:
I spent 4 years at Pearl Harbor in the late 80's when I was in the Marines. What are civilian gun laws like in Hawaii? I thought they were pretty restrictive? What do you have to do to buy a pistol?

Basically, Hawaii isn't a pradise if you own firearms. In order to acquire a handgun everyone has to take a NRA certified safety course just to purchase a gun.

Now you can start the process to actually own a handgun, i.e. bend over and let the local police have their way with you. In nut shell, you have to take a reciept to the police dept. and fill out a bunch of mental health forms and other assorted BS and wait two weeks for them to clear. Then you have to go back to the police dept. and pick up a permit that lets the gun store release the gun to you. It's not over yet becuse now you have to take the gun back to the police dept. one last time for them to complete your registration. Sorry about the long post...Hawaii sucks.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Its been awhile since I was in Hawaii but on Oahu the crime rate was very high. Sounds like carrying concealed is out of the question...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Steelshooter said:
Its been awhile since I was in Hawaii but on Oahu the crime rate was very high. Sounds like carrying concealed is out of the question...

Overall, Oahu is pretty safe compared to most big cities on the mainland, though meth is a huge problem now. If our PD had it's way, nobody would be albe to own firearms; what's really funny is that most citizens shoot better than our police officers.

Honestly, our officers are a joke. Our PD's history in recent officer involved shootings is pretty horrible...we're lucky innocent people don't get shot by our officers. It might be safer being a criminal in Hawaii.

I'm not trying to disrespect law enforcement nation wide, I'm just stating the truth about our officers here in Honolulu. BTW, I have family in our PD so don't think that I just hate our officers...There are a FEW that actually care about the community and take their jobs seriously.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Steelshooter said:
Thats true everywhere.

Urabus23 said:
Steelshooter said:
what's really funny is that most citizens shoot better than our police officers.

Hmmm..its one thing to shoot at the range as a hobby and quite another to carry your gun as a tool everyday with the purpose of killing someone else to defend your life or the life of someone else. "Shoot better" on the range and combat accuracy in a slit second life and death decision arfe 2 different things. I've seen some of the best range shooters fall apart when the SHTF, so I think its comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Gordon Freeman said:
Hmmm..its one thing to shoot at the range as a hobby and quite another to carry your gun as a tool everyday with the purpose of killing someone else to defend your life or the life of someone else. "Shoot better" on the range and combat accuracy in a slit second life and death decision arfe 2 different things. I've seen some of the best range shooters fall apart when the SHTF, so I think its comparing apples and oranges.
Yes to compare range shooting to police shootings is completely different. However, put those same officers on the range with no stress and there's a good chance you'll still shoot better.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I didn't see anyone specify range shooting alone. For myself I'm talking about all kinds of shooting, range or otherwise. For others it depends on how far they take their "hobby". Have they taken advanced training and do they practice what they have learned? IPSC and IDPA are also of some value not necessarily because they teach good "combat" technique but because they do teach you what you are capable of doing with your weapon. I do not use the word combat lightly as some do because as a combat disabled retired Marine it has a different and more real meaning to me. I know many LEO's including a lot of Border Patrol and Federal Marshals who I shoot with who will be the first to tell you that very few LEO's practice or even take very good care of their weapons.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts