MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking in this forum for months now, and finally decided to register.

I bought my first handgun (a Hammerli Trailside) a little over a year ago, and I was hooked. I knew I wanted a 9 mm next, but wanted to read up before making a decision. Nine months ago, I was sure I wanted an XD. Then I started reading about the M&P. The more I read, the more I liked. There were a number of factors involved, but in the end it was the discussions in this forum that convinced me. I bought an M&P9 a little over a month ago, and I love it. I picked up a magazine storage pouch and some snap caps from the mp-store, and I'm all set.

Of course, now there is the issue of the forthcoming 5" model . . .

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome aboard,

Just got my MP9 about a month ago and have found this site a lot of fun and a great resource, i'm sure you will too. I'm really interested to hear what you think about the Hammerli Trailside 22. I just read about it for the first time the other day but i don't see it on SIG's website. I guess i should try the hammerli site. ANyway looking for a 22 for the wife and me and that one seems to be a lot of gun for the money. What are your impressions?

Thanks for the info, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like my Trailside quite a bit. It's light, well balanced, and has an integrated rail on top of the barrel. They use a plastic magazine, which some people dislike. They are VERY easy to field strip for cleaning. Mine shoots very well, but doesn't seem to like hollow point ammo. I haven't done extensive testing, but the only failures I've experienced have been with hollow points. While there aren't nearly as many aftermarket products for it as the Ruger Mk II, you can get barrel weights, modified triggers, and contoured grips.

SIG imported this gun and sold it as the Trailside from ~2000 until they released the Mosquito in 2005. That's why it's no longer listed on their web site. They can be hard to find now, especially the 6" model. I think you can still find the 4.5" model at CDNN (cdnninvestments dot com) for about $300. I don't know whether those have the fixed sights or the "target" sights. I think the fixed sights are fine. If you really want to compete with it, you can always put a red dot on the rail.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks for the reply Radman.

Now i know why it's no longer listed on the site. I'll check out cdnn and see if they still have any. I guess it might be hard to find if they stopped bringing them in. Thanks for the help, i'll let you know if i find one.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts