MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my M&P 40 full-size in January. Took it out of the box and decided to put it through a standard torture test for my new carry guns; 150 rounds of whatever old or cheap ammo I had laying around without a proper cleaning, first.

All my Glocks passed, as did my Walther P99.

First was a box of 5 yr. old Wolf ammo. 3 FTFs out of 50 rounds. The round kept getting caught on the feed ramp. Switched magazines; no better. I then shot about 50 rounds of WWB and experienced another FTF.

I cleaned and lubed the pistol and shot another 50 rounds of WWB. Ran perfectly. I figured that maybe it just needed a proper cleaning first.

I didn't shoot the pistol again until Easter weekend since I had bought an M&P 40 compact for my wife and I had to make sure it was reliable. It was and is. I had some friends over and we ended up shooting targets in my back yard.

As always, the compact was perfect. However, my full-size again decided to start having problems.

I had a Gunsite course coming up the next week and didn't want to risk having my M&P embarass me. I purchased an XD45 compact.

The XD was awesome, and embarassed the snooty Kimber carrying wine and cheese commando crowd.

However, I kept forgetting to get my full-size sent back to S&W.

I finally called customer service this week and they sent me a shipping label. I boxed up the M&P, included a letter explaining the problems, and let UPS do the rest.

I've heard nothing but good things about S&W's customer service, so I'm really looking forward to getting my pistol back and seeing how it shoots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my pistol back in about 3 weeks with an invoice that indicated a barrel modification had been done and it was test fired.

After all the stories about how great S&W service was; I was a bit dissapointed.

The pistol was returned dirty with excessive oil

Other people got extra mags, night sights, etc. I get a dirty gun :roll: .

Been looking at replacing my XD45 with an M&P45 and my Bushmaster AR15 with the MP15.

Might have to reconsider after this experience...

But, the pistol did go through 100 rounds without a hitch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts