MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the wife a MP9c and myself a MP9(hope to shoot USPSA next season)

These were ordered thru my local shop last week supposedly direct from S&W

MP9 MPH87XX

MP9c MPT99XX

Cleaned both before range trip and lightly coated the lube points with Weapon Shield

We fired 200 rounds of UMC 115 FMJ thru each.

MP9c started out with brass straight back into her face, but after a couple of mags, that ended. By the end of the 200 rnds, they were just hitting her right shoulder all in the same spot.

She got one 12 round mag with the finger rest, and one w/o. the mag with the rest would never hold the slide back after firing the 12th round, the other one did. Both worked flawlessly for me...

she also had 3 FTL's no other malfunctions. I guess she could have limped out on those.

The MP9 fired w/o any failures at all period. I had polished the feed ramp on it one day last week before firing it tho'... I polished the ramp on hers last night too... that may have made some difference on the FTL's she had.

POI was POA on both at 25' with front sight covering target. I am used to 6 O'clock hold, so that took some getting used to.

Looks like I got 2 good ones. we paid $479 each at a local gun shop ($5 higher than Gander)

We still have 600 rounds left from Dick's sale $69.80 a case, so there is another trip to the range comin soon. Targets to follow.

Varmit

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Sounds like you are having fun.

If that is $69.80 per 1000 round case you certainly got a bargain. Do you know where I can get some .40 at that price?

Enjoy

:twisted:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TOF said:
Sounds like you are having fun.

If that is $69.80 per 1000 round case you certainly got a bargain. Do you know where I can get some .40 at that price?

Enjoy

:twisted:

nope... UMC 9mm fmj 500 rounds

$6.98/ box in 500 rounds lots

their 40S&W was more like $12/box, but I wasnt looking at it, so I didnt get a good price.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also used the Remington umc 9mm rounds I bought at Dick's and had good results with every round feeding and extracting perfectly. I have the full size M&P 9mm and I have to cover the target with the front sight also at 25'. I really like my new gun. It is a pleasure to shoot.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My MP9 seems to track perfectly in my hand. I have custom STI's, Para's Caspian's etc and have shot Glocks, Sigs, Beretta's and so forth, but I have yet to find a gun that tracks as perfectly straight up and down in my hand like this one.

Others might not have the same results, but for some reason, in my hand, it does. I've been playing with it for the past 2-3 weeks to see if its something I'd shoot for this USPSA season coming up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts