MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally Eric is starting production of fitted grip tape for the M&P full size. He is currently offering 20% off the regular price.

Anyone that shoots either USPSA or IDPA more than likely knows of the quality and reputation of Eric's products.

TruGrip for the M&P features:

- Fits all three grip insert sizes

- Is legal in IPSC and USPSA (under current and proposed rules)

- Leaves the serial number of the firearm exposed.

- Does not interfere with the ambidextrous controls in any way.

- Leaves the integral locking system exposed.

- Provides 360 degree coverage via two interlocking grips.

http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/M&P.html

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
looks real sharp we need a guinea pig now :wink:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I had an agrip on my sigma with ns, Its been years though, do you guys think this is better then stippling?

Mine had curls at corners and collected dirt and dust like a hoover, and I want to keep my gun looking clean, but really want a good tactile feel too it no matter what.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
101Combat Vet said:
looks real sharp we need a guinea pig now :wink:

I ordered a set - I'll let you know how they work out.

I have been using stair tread anti-skid tape and used that for shooting this summer. Worked out fairly well but it shed a lot of the grit on those hot days.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mad212 said:
I had an agrip on my sigma with ns, Its been years though, do you guys think this is better then stippling?

Mine had curls at corners and collected dirt and dust like a hoover, and I want to keep my gun looking clean, but really want a good tactile feel too it no matter what.

If you are looking for "Bling" for your weapon - you won't want any kind of grip tape! Grip tape for the most part is ugly. It ain't about looks-it's about performance.

Go to the Trugrip website. They have an application that helps hold down the seams. YMMV as with any replaceable product.

From TruGrip:

Grip tape ain't forever. All grit-type grips wear out sooner or later. We're just willing to admit it publicly. TruGrip is designed to be easily replaceable. So, if your grip tape loses traction, gets dirty, or gets covered in oil, just rip it off and slap on a new piece and you're ready to roll.

For the hard-core shooter who is handling his or her gun several hours a day, the tape will last on the order of weeks to several months. For the casual shooter, it'll go a lot longer than that. The grit doesn't seem to wear off . When it loses traction, it is because it is loaded up with dirt and oil. You can clean it up with rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush, or be impatient like me and peel it off and slap on a new piece.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I modded some g17 grip tape before he came out with this new M&P version and it works great! I actually like how it looks. Lets people know I am serious about my shooting and it is WAY better than stippling IMHO. Holds up well as long as you follow that application rules. It helped with my grouping and is perfect for my IDPA shooting.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have it on all my M&P and I like it a lot. The grit is fine and works well for ccw.

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
The Tru Grip is easy to apply and easy to remove. I use my M&P for USPSA and spend lots of time at the range and doing dry fire at home and the TruGrip is holding up nicely. I had pre ordered it and have had it on for about 2 weeks now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Never used TruGrip, but I tried out TacGrip on my duty M&P. Really works well in that role, problem is I am also carrying it concealed off duty. Not so good. Rough on the clothing, plus it tended to get peeled slightly, which then allowed lint to get under it, which caused it not to stick. I would say grit tape of any kind is great for competition, or pure duty/tactical use, but find another option for CCW.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
It depends on what you want out of it. They are different animals.

·
Registered
171 Posts
choochboost said:
It depends on what you want out of it. They are different animals.
Can you be more specific? All I see are very few pictures I'm just having w/c ever I choose shipped internationally.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Agrip is soft and suede-like. It will enhance your grip yet remain CCW friendly, especially if you carry IWB. In a battle between sweaty hands and AGrip, AGrip wins.

TruGrip is more like traditional grip tape with its grittier texture.

If you're simply looking for something to help you lock in your grip and don't need it to be CCW friendly, TruGrip is better.

The M&P with the interchangeable backstraps provides various options for us. It's possible to set up a pistol that works well for both competition AND concealed carry. For example, you can start with Agrip around the pistol grip but then for competition use TruGrip for the backstrap or even get Mike Cyrwus's gritty and very aggressive backstrap treatment or a stipple job. For concealed carry re-install the standard untreated backstrap or a backstrap covered with AGrip. Does that make sense?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts