MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I finally fired the MP9 today. I was VERY impressed to say the least. The factory sights are excellent in my opinion. Oh and the recoil.....wow
. This thing shoots so soft it was amazing
. My first shot made me check the gun to see if i had a really weak load or something, but the gun had cycled fine.

So i popped off a box of 115 grain ball next to my sigpro 2022 for comparison. Previously i had found the sig to be one of the softest shooters, but the MP beats it by a tad. The sig has a lower bore axis so has more muzzle flip, the MP wasn't as flippy.

I shot one handed as well and the same thing, super soft recoil. You could pop off rounds like they do in the movies with this gun(guns in movies never have any recoil). I was thoroughly impressed. Accuracy seemed pretty good as well, not as good as the sig but quite good indeed. Only mods i plan are having the hideous beaver tail removed.

I was shooting with the large grip by the way, I wonder if that has anything to do with the recoil? Can anyone confirm the recoil feels the same with all 3 grips?

Thanks, Glock should be really worried.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I like the large grips also....

I have a MP40 & a 9mm Compact. Recoil on both are very manageable. I've not noticed any major difference using the meduim or large grips.

The 1st time I took my MP40 to the range I shot with the medium grips since that seems to be the most common grip used. I shot ok with the mediums but it just didn't quite feel right. I do a lot of dry firing at home and have been dry firing my Sigma, SW9VE, ( master trigger control with a Sigma and you can shoot about anything ) for a long time and got used to it with the wider grips.

The next time at the range I used the large grips and that made a lot of difference. Now I only use the large grips on my fullsized MP40. I use the medium size grips on my compact and the regular magazine (without the pinky extension) when carrying to make it as small as possible.

I'm pretty sure your MP will shoot just as accurately as your sig when you get used to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts