MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen; I took apart my daughters 9mm. The white plastic guide/liner that the pin slides in has a slight crack the long way of the guide. Looking at the way it is made, quite thin, on one side. Seems like a weak point. I also noticed one side of the "tip" of the firing pin is shiny and worn more than the other side. Has anybody noticed this on their firearms?

The gun has performed flawlessly but it is obvious this part will need to be replaced. It probably has 900-1000 rounds through it.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I put a red arrow towards the place I think you are talking about. This is normal. It is on all of them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YK; Thanks for the help. Yes thats the place, to me it looks bad, but it still works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yukon; Do you get much buildup of brass chips in the firing pin channel area? There was alot in in my daughters firearm. Enough so that prior to disassembly, the pin did not slide smoothly.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Yes. I did get quite a bit of crud in that area. Once I cleaned all the factory oil out of there, mine have stayed much cleaner. I still pull out the striker once in a while to clean it out.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
They will accumlate a ton of crap if you keep oil in there. It is certainly best as Yukon said to clean the factory stuff out of there and run it dry. There is a polymer liner in there so it really doesn't need any oil.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The rib on underside of the slide has a fairly abrasive finish and generates most of the brass dust/chips. I stoned mine and just about eliminated brass particles.

·
Registered
89 Posts
TOF said:
The rib on underside of the slide has a fairly abrasive finish and generates most of the brass dust/chips. I stoned mine and just about eliminated brass particles.

Thanks TOF, I will give it a try on my MP.45. 8)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
My previous comment was regarding an M&P9. Got my M&P40 one week back and after 400 rounds stoned it also. Neither one generates brass dust anymore.

Enjoy. :twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts