MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am having an issue with my striker assembly. I lost the cup when i was cleaning my compact shield and bought a new striker assembly. I installed it and im having an issue with the firing pin not retracting once i shoot my first round and the it is not allowing the next round to cycle because it hangs up on the firing pin. I went ahead and removed all the new striker assembly parts except for the cup and put the old striker back in. Same issue. Can anyone help me figure this issue out? Thanx in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure did. everything is white glove clean. I noticed that when I have it assembled and press down on the striker block the firing pin springs forward. when I go to shoot it, I pull the slide back and chamber a round, shoot and the next round jams on the firing pin. Also when I dry fire it the firing pindoesnt retract until i pull the slide back and cycle it.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I't sounds like the spring inside the striker assembly is either missing, broken, or something has gotten inside it and bound things up.

I have six different M&Ps dating back to 2007 (still have it), and I’ve never had anything like that happen.

I have a few different spare striker assemblies for different M&P models, and have never had to use one so far...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is your fire pin sticking out from time to time and the spent casing get stuck because the protruding firing pin is blocking the casing from ejecting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts