MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am having an issue with my firing pin. I was cleaning my shield and somehow lost the cup for the striker assembly. I bought a new striker assembly
, installed it and now my firing pin is sticking out after i shoot a round not allowing the next round to cycle. it hangs up on the firing pin. I changes out everything to the old assembly and now im only using the new cup and it is still happening. Is there something im doing wrong? any help will do. Thanx in advance

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Sounds very unsafe, especially if you need to defend yourself. The number for S&W service is 1 (800) 331-0852.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Hello all, I am having an issue with my firing pin. I was cleaning my shield and somehow lost the cup for the striker assembly. I bought a new striker assembly

, installed it and now my firing pin is sticking out after i shoot a round not allowing the next round to cycle. it hangs up on the firing pin. I changes out everything to the old assembly and now im only using the new cup and it is still happening. Is there something im doing wrong? any help will do. Thanx in advance

Why did you even remove the assy.
Just curious.
Proper routine cleaning of the shield does not require removal.
Several thousand rds thru mine in 3 or so yrs (shield 45) and never the need to remove it. Just clean and blow out weapon keep oil etc out of channel.

But yeah that weapon needs proper repair ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts