MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: Dan Initial inspection and cleaning of my new M&P 40 revealed that the firing pin can move forward if enough pressure is applied, even though the safety stop has not been depressed. The pin will protrude through the breachblock hole. If the safety stop is depressed the firing pin moves freely forward through its free travel to strike the primer. Is it normal for firing pin move a little with the safety stop in non-depress posittion ?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I would say that some movement could be normal, but no matter how much pressure you put on it, the tip of the striker should not stick out of the breach face at all. If it can there is a potential for the striker to make contact with a primer without your finger on the trigger.

Dan

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
make sure that the trigger safety isn't pushed down some, just enough to allow the striker to move forward. Mine was doing this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
PosseLaw said:
:roll: Dan Initial inspection and cleaning of my new M&P 40 revealed that the firing pin can move forward if enough pressure is applied, even though the safety stop has not been depressed. The pin will protrude through the breachblock hole. If the safety stop is depressed the firing pin moves freely forward through its free travel to strike the primer. Is it normal for firing pin move a little with the safety stop in non-depress posittion ?

Mine does the same thing, and I have been wondering about it.

With the slide off and the firing pin safety not pressed, I can put a little pressure on the firing pin, and it will move forward and come through the hole. With the firing pin safety pressed, the firing pin moves forward much easier. It's concerning though, that I can push the firing pin through without the safety pressed.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Standard. If you pull the striker back, it will hook the safety, then you can't push it out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jester said:
Standard. If you pull the striker back, it will hook the safety, then you can't push it out.

Yep---pulled the striker back until it clicked, and the safety worked fine.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts