MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I LOVE THIS PISTOL!!

It is much more accurate then I. I was shooting about 20-25 yards from a standing position using both hands. I was using a 4" plinker type target and would hit it consistantly when I took the time to aim well.

I had 1 failure to fire but that was operater error. It was the first round and I let the slide forward but impeded it slightly so that it didn't close fully. It basically resulted in a light primer strike that was off center of the primer since the gun wasn't fully into battery

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sounds kind of scarry that you got any kind of primer strike with the slide not fully closed and locked. If it had hit hard enough to fire out of battery the results could be disasterous, Also the strker block should not have allowed the striker to go forward until the slide was in the correct position to engage the trigger bar. count yourself lucky

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
40 caliber or 9mm?

Machgt; Just read your post with pictures at the S & W Forum. Nice looking guns. Is your MP a 40 or a 9mm?

I have the full sized 40 caliber and recently bought a 9mm compact. My MP's make me look like a sharpshooter. I really can shoot better with these pistols than any I have ever shot before. Actually, I may have exagerated a bit about the sharpshooter part. :roll: I've been kinda wanting a good 1911 but now I'm thinking seriously about getting a MP45 when they come out. If I go with the 1911 it will definately be a S & W.

You might want to call S & W service regarding your FTF. It shouldn't have even tried to fire with the bullet not propery chambered.

·
Registered
56 Posts
+1 on what TxPhantom and Cheyenne said. I would call S&W, as that is not right and could have had a very bad outcome for you.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
machgt,

I definitely know where you are coming from but it is probably worth the wait. Not only is Smith's turnaround time impressive but you will also likely get a free mag. for your troubles.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jtaliani said:
machgt,

I definitely know where you are coming from but it is probably worth the wait. Not only is Smith's turnaround time impressive but you will also likely get a free mag. for your troubles.

ahh yes, I'll probably send it into them while I'm out of the country in a couple of weeks

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another 200 rounds through it and it seems to be loosening up a bit. I wasn't shooting too poorly, best target was an 81 with 10 shots, one of which didn't score. I'd have to say it shoots better then I do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts