MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and i had a great day at the range yesterday with my new M&P9, i did not have one problem with this outstanding pistol. Shot 200 rounds magtech fmj and HST. Shot pretty much where i pointed it. If there was one thing to be really picky about it would be the ejection, just didn't seem to eject spent casings with authority, and from time to time it would spit them right back at ya instead of high and right. Friend was shooting a sig and those casings were bouncing off the roof and landing 2 bays to the right. All and all it is a great handgun and i couldnt be happier, will give the trigger some break in time, but a great gun it is. Does anyone use Breakfree for cleaning and lubing? Might have to try the simple green and oven trick or the dishwasher.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Everything will break in nice as you get closer to 1000 rounds. She should run fine then!! I clean with a spray cleaner (poly safe of course), Hoppes #9, and Breakfree CLP. Have fun!

·
Registered
308 Posts
big country said:
My son and i had a great day at the range yesterday with my new M&P9, i did not have one problem with this outstanding pistol. Shot 200 rounds magtech fmj and HST. Shot pretty much where i pointed it. If there was one thing to be really picky about it would be the ejection, just didn't seem to eject spent casings with authority, and from time to time it would spit them right back at ya instead of high and right. Friend was shooting a sig and those casings were bouncing off the roof and landing 2 bays to the right. All and all it is a great handgun and i couldnt be happier, will give the trigger some break in time, but a great gun it is. Does anyone use Breakfree for cleaning and lubing? Might have to try the simple green and oven trick or the dishwasher.

Great to hear you had a good trip to the range. For "Casings ejecting back at you" Suggest you check your grip and make sure your wrists are locked. This gun seems to be sensitive to that (I speak from experience here).

For the cleaning, I highly recommend George Fennell's "Weapon Shield" http://www.steelshieldtech.com/ . He will even send you some free if you email him. His stuff is fantastic!

tsix

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input tsix, will keep an eye on wrists next time i go to the range, and will check out the site you suggested. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just returned from the range with my new M&P9. Just a quick box of 50. ZERO mechanical issues. I even did ok - far from great, but ok with the fixed sights. The vast majority of my shooting is with S&W target revolvers or the Kimber 1911.

I really disliked shooting most of Smith's DA autos because of the triggers. Had a M39-2 for a while and have shot others' guns, but this M&P trigger is entirely acceptable. In fact, the follow up shot reset and pull is comparable to my other guns. The small grip adapter makes a good bit of difference to the good for me as well.

The M&P has been on my want list for a couple of years and I've resisted the urge (personally not a fan of Glock and other Glock-like guns - too blocky for my grip), but this pistol continued to call my name. Very pleased with this gun.

The information you folks discuss here has been a big help in the time I've been a lurker. Thanks.

--jcd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts