MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All !

Although I've been on this site 24/7 for a while and read just about every single thread here, this is my first post. Perhaps this post should be in a few different categories but I decided to put it here because I'm so excited about my new 9c. So feel free to move it wherever you deem necessary :wink:

First of all, my department issues and carries the full size M&P 9mm. I absolutely love it but found myself leaving it at home or in the car during these hot summer months as it got harder to conceal it off-duty. Soooo. . . . I just had to have the compact. I picked it up last week and finally got out today to loosen her up !!!

By the way. . .

M&P 9c - MPPxxxx

purchased 6/5/07

And happy to report, 288 rounds today in about 40 min. with absolutely NO problems whatsoever !! I'm hoping for it to stay that way
(crossing fingers. ..)

Thanks to whoever started this forum. . . It's been the most informative place I've ever been to.

Maverick

Semper Fi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All !!

Just an update. . . a total of 800 rounds through my 9c now and not a single problem of any kind !!!
Seems like I have escaped the dreaded mag drop problem as well as some of the others I've been hearing about. . . .(crossing fingers & knocking on wood :wink: ) Looks like after a few hundred more rounds Mr. Burwell may have another gun coming his way for the works !!

The weird thing is that after 800 rounds my mag release doesn't really look worn at all ? The black paint on the metal engagement area has scratched off a bit but no wear ? So maybe S&W has redesigned it after all ! It has a number "1" stamped on it. My full size 9mm shows some wear on the mag catch but it's had thousands of rounds through it so that can be expected. The way I look at it is that it's kind of a disposable part. You buy a car knowing ahead of time that some minor parts will wear out and will need replacing - i.e. oil filters, brake pads, tires, etc. If I put a thousand or so rounds through my gun, it doesn't bother me to have to drop in a $2 or $3 dollar part. I know you don't have to do this with other manufacturer's guns but I like my M&P enough that I'll gladly throw in a new mag catch every once in a while. At the same time, I'm not trying to make light of the subject of people having problems initially with their guns. Those problems should very well be taken care of by the manufacturer. But a mag catch that wears out over a thousand rounds or so ? I'll just throw a new one in and keep shootin'

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is having problems. . . I'm sure S&W will take good care of you. :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Awesome to hear, and welcome to the site...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts