MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we just got the first Basspro shop in cali right down the street from my house. So I finally got the itch to get my guns. I went in on Monday to get my first shotgun (Mossberg 12g 590) and now I get to pick that up on the 10th. Then after getting my handgun lic I went back on wed to get my first handgun. I have shot Glocks and there ok, they feel a little cheap and really didn't work for me. So I was looking at the S&W 9m sigma and they were nice I was warned they were a cheaper gun. So I went ahead and picked up a SW M&P 40cal, came with 3 clips and case. I really love the size and weight of this gun. I can't wait till the 12th, so mark another socal memeber on the forums! Oh and I hate cali 10 day wait time, I can't wait to move to AZ

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
welcome enjoy and you are not the only one who hates cali

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
44 Posts
WELCOME! Great info on this site! I know.. i have 7 more days to pick up my SIG P220. I already have nickel controls for it and everything... I think the wait gets easier after your first gun purchase!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
What is amazing is that you have to wait 10 days even when you have other guns already. :roll:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
How does that work if you have CCW, do you still have a wait period in California, or throughout the US? I know here in Louisiana, I can buy and walk away with a gun in a matter of minutes, that's without my CCW. Someone once told me that if you have a CCW there is no waiting period, but I ts been so long ago and I really cant back it up either... Just curious.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
In California, there is astill the 10-day waiting period even with a CCW.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
How does that work if you have CCW, do you still have a wait period in California, or throughout the US? I know here in Louisiana, I can buy and walk away with a gun in a matter of minutes, that's without my CCW. Someone once told me that if you have a CCW there is no waiting period, but I ts been so long ago and I really cant back it up either... Just curious.

In Florida you take the gun home with you if you have CCW, Takes about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the site from another SoCal member. BassPro is not the only gun shop that makes you wait 11 days. The DOJ inspectors that check the records are so CS that they do that to protect their license.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Central Kalifornia. I still have 7 days before I can pick up my next handgun and I have a CCW. Some of the dealers in this area also make you wait 11 days. I think DOJ advises them to do this so that there is no possibility for them to release a gun early. My dealer sticks to the 10 day period down to the minute.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
I don't know why its so difficult for these dealers to determine when 10 24-hour periods are up. Unlike many firearms laws, this one is spelled out for them. 7 more days for me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congrats on the new guns coming. Your on your way to a gun collection.

Need to move to a free state so you can buy as many as you want with no waiting period.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Srigs said:
.....Your on your way to a gun collection.

Need to move to a free state so you can buy as many as you want with no waiting period.

how true.. how true. I bought my first M&P40 thinking thats all i need for range shooting.. now i find my self waiting to pick up a P220 this Fri (also in CA3 more days! =)) and i already have a list of pistols i want.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts