MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot my first IDPA practice tonight! Man was that nice! Started the night with a 27.4 time and ended with a 14.4! Was the only M&P there but it held its own. It is a perfect gun for it. I had about 6 double taps that were in pretty much the same hole from about 7 yards. Was shooting 147 zero bullets pushed by 3.4 gr of titegroup. Nice round for the full size 9.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
swear I dreamed about it last night.....

Did have my first M&P screw up though! A stovepipe! But I am 80% sure it was my fault since we were shooting weak handed (by your chest) Still that is a first after about 2k rounds

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to our addiction....

I started out with a SA 1911 mil-spec (won the CDP Novice at the Carolina Cup with it.) Earlier that year I bought Styer M9 and shot several local matches with it. Now I'm shooting M&P 40 my birthday present from my wife last month.
(You gotta love a wife who buys you guns...) I will be shooting the NC State Championship this weekend with it.

Just curious though will any other forum members be at that match this weekend?

Dave

·
Registered
269 Posts
It is tons of fun and I'd say that it is something that anybody with a CCW should do from time to time as a matter of personal responsibility.

My M&P 9 has treated me well at IDPA, I'm kinda slow but I shoot pretty well

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had my first stove pipe with my M&P 9, week handed. Have 1000 rounds through it and no other problems. POints better than any other gun I have, including my XD 5" tactical that I normally shoot.

I just got my new Com-pac paddle hoslter and doulbe mag pouch, so now I am ready to try the M&P at IDPA.

I bought two sears with the intent of changing them as per the sticky. However, the trigger feels real good now (albeit 5 lbs), so I think I will just wait and see what happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts