MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my new full Sized 9MM M & P to the range for a very brief shoot. Yesterday I cleaned it up and switched to the smaller grip for my small hands. When dry firing the trigger felt crisp with very little creep. Today I was at a muzzle loader shooting match so I didn't have enough time with the pistol. I did run two magazines through it without a problem. For the first time I was able to pick up all the brass I shot from an Auto. It fell a couple of feet to my right. I always lose a round or two from my othe autos. The trigger felt a little bit gritty at times. Will this trigger wear in? Should I think about changing it? This is my first experience with this type of double action trigger but I did manage to put them all in the black at 15 yds. Overall, I liked it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
First, welcome to the site, and to your new gun. I am glad you enjoyed your first shoot. The MP's trigger leaves a little to be desired just out of the box. Dont get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the trigger/reliability/feel, but there are common comments about the gritty feel and reset. Good news it just gets better with time. Dry fire it and send more bullets down range and the trigger just starts to feel better and better, also there are two members of this forum Dan Burwell and Boom Boom Tactical who are excellent gunsmiths that can do a trigger job that will just make you cry.

There is a huge wealth of information on this site, and welcome to the obsession.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'd be very surprised if the trigger didn't improve in short order. IIRC, after 50 rds. the gritty travel was still there, but not distracting. After another 100 rds., it was gone, at least with my pistol.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Trigger work is pretty easy to do yourself, and no parts to buy!! It will get better with time, but I did the trigger job myself to get it where I wanted it for competition shooting.

·
Registered
288 Posts
A tiny dab of Slide Glide on the firring pin safety plunger where it contacts the trigger bar also does WONDERS for almost completely eliminating that gritty trigger feel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with the other posters that the trigger smooths out quickly. I noticed a difference after only 100 or so rounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts