MP-Pistol Forum banner

First Prob. with my 40c

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  greener 
#1 ·
It took about 400 rounds and then i got my first jamb. I just started using Wolf ammo ( has the steel caseing). I think I'll attribute the problem to the ammo more the gun having the problem. I recently shot 150 rounds of wolf ammo with no problem. I went our yesterday and it jambed after 40 rounds. The casing got stuck inj the throat of the barrel. After removing the magazine and racking the slide agressevly a few times the caseing discharged. Now, I didnt clean my gun from the previouse 150 rounds and I think that might have something to do with it too. Cheap ammo and not enough lube? I'm not too worried unless this starts to happen with other ammo, I'll have to try some others for a conclusive test. I originally shot about 200 rounds of Walmart Winchester with no problems.

#3 ·
I'm sitting around 1200 rounds with no issues to date. I've fired WWB, Magtech, Independence, and Federal FMJ rounds. I don't trust Wolf ammo, or any of the dirt-cheap stuff, because it not only tends to burn dirtier but also just doesn't run as consistently or smoothly.

A little bit of lube in the right places and you should be good to go. Have faith brother!

#6 ·
Update

Went to the range last night with my wolf ammo. (steel cased 180 grain). Well, it got very frustrating, it was jamb after jamb. I took some time analyze what was happening. It looked like the Bullet was getting caught on the feed ramp and jambing up. I suspect it was the very edge where the bullet meets the steel caseing. I was starting to get worried that it was my gun. This was on my mind all day. This evening I went to Wally World and picked up 100 rounds of WWB and headed to the range. My M&P 40c is cleaned and lubed and ready to go. Went through all 100 rounds without a single hick up. I'm releaved, all is good in M&P land. I then proceeded to blow the rest of Wolf that I had. (100 rounds). Yup it jambed on the first shot. I then would go about 20-30 rounds until it jambed again. Lesson learned for the M&P compact: My gun sure doesnt like steel cased ammo and I'll never but it again. Funny thing is that the Wolf was more accurate in my opinioun. I've got around 1000 rounds through the gun and only jambed on the Wolf Ammo. I havnt tried anything other than WWB.

What is a good equivelant to WWB to try out?

#7 ·
If you guys are having trouble with steel case ammo, what is my federal hydra shock made of? arent' those steel cases? or are they something else? I've been shooting Blazer Brass for target work (only up to 150 rounds now) and everything works great. I've only shot a couple of my federal hollow points just to make sure everything worked and it did fine...am i mistaken on the federal casings?

help a newbie out:)

#11 ·
Wolf 223 has a polymer coating on the cases that essentially melts off in a hot chamber. Causes sticking cases thereafter without a good cleaning of the chamber in an AR. Not sure if this same coating is on the handgun rounds. Worth looking into.

Remington UMC is cheap like WWB so you could also look into that for range work. It's got quite the muzzle flash and smoke though. If you got a Dick's sporting goods around, they are almost always running case prices on the stuff. For example, in today's ad, they've got 40S&W for about .25 cents a round after tax when you buy at least 500 rounds (10 boxes of 50). http://dickssportinggoods.shoplocal.com/DS...id%3dDSG-071111 There's a coupon available on the net for an additional $10.00 off any purchase at Dicks. Coupon is good through end of the year (it's been available all year long). So, if my math is right, and figuring 7% sales tax, and the coupon, you could get 500 rounds for about .23 cents a round which is pretty good for the range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.