MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally made it to the range to test my new M&P9c - gun was cleaned - oiled and I polished the feed ramp before shooting.

I fired 100 rounds of 115 FMJ - no issue - perfect in every way

Next I tried one mag of Winchester 115 JHP - and on shot # 11 of 13 - had a failure to load - it just nose dived into the feed ramp - it was easy to clear - pulled the slide back 1/4 inch - and it loaded.

Not real happy - but I will give it a pass on this failure - consider it normal break in.

I then shot 50 more rounds of FMJ - followed by 30 JHP and 50 more FMJ all without any problem.

I had a very hard time choosing between the 40c and 9c - I already have an M&P40 full size - I am now 100% sure I made the right decision (for me) when I picked the 9c. I love this gun!

I shot 4 semi-autos today - M&P40, M&P9c, PM9, P-3AT - the recoil of the M&P40, PM9 & P-3AT - are about the same - all have some recoil - but none are harsh or hard to control. This may sound strange since one is a 40 caliber - one a 9MM and one a 380 ACP - but the weight and size of each gun is also very different. The M&P9c recoil is so soft - follow up shots are a snap - I think a small child could handle the recoil of the 9c.

I do this drill - I take a large target (3X5 feet) and draw 7 circles on it - I guess 6-8 inches in diameter - I number them - and place the target 11-12 feet away - then I shoot at each circle in order - as fast as I can - but slow enough so I hit every circle (well 99% of the time anyway). There is no contest between these guns - I can shoot 13 shots with the 9c about as fast as I can pull the trigger - MUCH faster than I can shoot any of my other guns - and still hit where I am pointing. I love this gun.

Accuracy was amazing - I was able to just point and shoot and hit where I wanted - I love this gun!

Edited -

BTW I do need to learn how to count to 12 - I tried to put 13 rounds in a magazine a few times - once it actually made the cartridges stick in the magazine tube - even after I took the first few out - the rest were still stuck.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The other day I set up my target at the range, I walked out about seven yards, and I quickly drew and fired one shot. The round stuck the middle of the bullseye right on the ten! I love my M&P. It is a sweet shooter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow!

jon_in_wv said:
The other day I set up my target at the range, I walked out about seven yards, and I quickly drew and fired one shot. The round stuck the middle of the bullseye right on the ten! I love my M&P. It is a sweet shooter.
I picked up my M&P 9c a couple of days ago and finally got a chance to shoot it today. Ditto on the accuracy and sweet shooter right out of the box. After the initial mag ,to get used to shooting it,I was able to keep the shots in pretty decent groups. I ran about 75 rounds through it with no problems at all. I should be able to get closer to the inherent accuracy in this pistol with practice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts