MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to take my fullsize 9 to the range. Put 250 rounds of WWB 115 gr. target/range ammo through her. No failures of any kind. Fed and ejected flawlessly. At 7 yards I shot groups touching each other. At 12 yards I opened up to about 2 inches with many still touching. At 25 yards from a handheld but supported position I put a full mag into about 5 inches.

I did some plate work and found my splits to be as fast as with my Glock, and a little slower than my 1911. Admittedly I had just a feel as I had no timer. As many have said it's a soft shooter. I think the added weight and the grip were the main reason she felt so good. I used the small grip and was amazed at how 1911'ish it felt. The trigger weight and pull feel fine, and as I like a heavier pull on defense guns anyway, I will leave it alone. It did not seem to interfere with accuracy or splits. I will shoot the gun for another 700 rounds or so and then decide if I want to have work done to make the reset more positive without the "roll" or double click {if that is the right description}that she seemed to have. Even with the double click, and being the first time with the gun, it was never a hindrance. So other than having to adjust for an off center front sight, it was a very positive experience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I managed to get my slide into a Sig sight pusher by removing the slide rail holder and knobs. By holding the slide to one side and using the front sight knob I was able to center the front sight. Actually quite easy. So I plan to shoot her in a 3 day defensive handgun course assuming my mags and Blade Tech holster get here in time from the M-P store.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts