MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to talk my father into buying a S&W M&P for some time now and I got tired of waiting for him so I just purchased one for me instead. I have guns from all makes but none from Smith & Wesson. I bought the M&P 9mm which is also my first in this chambering. This gun has had me wanting one since it first came out. I bought this gun for fun and for cheaper ammo prices. I have a .45 Colt Defender which is my favorite and ammo for the .45 is not so cheap.

The only problem now is I have to wait for the shipment to my FFL as my local gunshop had only a 9mm with the keylock and the mag safety and I wanted neither of those on my gun. Whats the old saying? "Waiting is the hardest part."

11-15-07. The waiting is over, I can't wait to get to the range. I just got through doing the initial cleaning and after handling the gun for a while it feels great in the hand. I like the palm swell of the larger grip so I am going to start out with it and see how it does. I have been reading through this forum thoroughly and I have been learning as much about this gun as I can to make my first trip to the range with this pistol a smooth one.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got one last friday and it is my first. i got the one with the mag safty but it does not have the key lock on it. i have owned alot of different handguns and it is my favorite so far.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Welcome to the site both of you..... Where did you go online for your purchase??? Christmas is right around the corner I am sure an M&P would make a great gift plus the mag and $50 promotion you cannot go wrong..

·
Registered
191 Posts
i got mine at a local dealer they keep these in stock here because they just have not taken off in sales yet. I am the only one around here that has one that i know about. would like to have another one under the tree

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buds Gun Shop is where I bought mine. The killer is this morning before work I checked their site and it was $430.00 shipped and waited and mulled it over during the day and came home and decided to go for it and it went up to $488.00 shipped.
The $50.00 rebate and 2 free mags will ease that sting though. I can't wait to get that thing to the range. I have been reading every thing I can on this pistol and it seems like its going to be a fun gun to shoot and cool looking to boot.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I have had my .40 full size for over a year now and I still love this beast I have fed apprx. 1300 rounds (kinda low) :oops: but no problems buds is by far the best internet gun shop with great cs and deals. Enjoy the site theres a wealth of info.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Rolo Tomasee said:
I have been trying to talk my father into buying a S&W M&P for some time now and I got tired of waiting for him so I just purchased one for me instead. I have guns from all makes but none from Smith & Wesson. I bought the M&P 9mm which is also my first in this chambering. This gun has had me wanting one since it first came out. I bought this gun for fun and for cheaper ammo prices. I have a .45 Colt Defender which is my favorite and ammo for the .45 is not so cheap.

The only problem now is I have to wait for the shipment to my FFL as my local gunshop had only a 9mm with the keylock and the mag safety and I wanted neither of those on my gun. Whats the old saying? "Waiting is the hardest part."

11-15-07. The waiting is over, I can't wait to get to the range. I just got through doing the initial cleaning and after handling the gun for a while it feels great in the hand. I like the palm swell of the larger grip so I am going to start out with it and see how it does. I have been reading through this forum thoroughly and I have been learning as much about this gun as I can to make my first trip to the range with this pistol a smooth one.

I can't wait to pick mine up. I can get it on Tuesday.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks like quite a few of the S&Ws have gone up. Which one had the price increase, Bud's, S&W or both? Seems odd that when the $50 rebate starts, they raise the price by $50!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was Buds price that went up. I read when the stock gets low the computer automatically bumps the price up. I don"t know if this is true or not but on the day I purchased my M&P 9mm the price went up from the morning when I checked to when I got home from work and decided to buy. It was still better than any price I could get locally. I am thoughly satisfied with my new M&P.

·
Registered
498 Posts
zenner22 said:
Looks like quite a few of the S&Ws have gone up. Which one had the price increase, Bud's, S&W or both? Seems odd that when the $50 rebate starts, they raise the price by $50!

That's the first law of retail. Mark it up in order to mark it down!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts