MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I had some malfunctions with my compact that I had never had before. It is still new as I have only put about 350 rounds through it. On one occasion the slide failed to lock back after the final round while using the Winchester White Box 9mm ammo. The second malfunction was the slide locked back while there was still ammo in the magazine. This malfunction occured while using Federal Hydrashock JHP 125gr.

Can these be attributed to needing more oil? Dirty mags? Any advice is appreciated. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary physically with the mags.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
This sounds like your hand on the support side is either holding the mag button down on one occassion or bumping it up on the other. I see this alot with Glocks also. try to shoot making sure your hand is no where close to the release. This may be it. If not you may need to check with S&W. If you have big hands your primary hand thumb could be doing the same.

CHECK 360 David

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have the same problem if I am using one of the smaller grip inserts as it allows my strong hand thumb to get up far enough to hit the slide release at all the wrong times. So long as I stick with teh large grip inserts I am GTG.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts