MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a new M&P9c (from Bud's Gun Shop in Paris KY) and I finally got to take it out and put some rounds through it. WoW!!! Is it awesome. Anyway, I took my gun and ammo and headed over to our local indoor range in Omaha Nebraska called The Bullet Hole (http://www.thebh.com) to try out my new toy. I used WWB 115 grain FMJ which I bought at Wally World for $13.00 per 100. My first practice session consisted of 10 rounds at the first target from 7 yards and then I shot the remaining 90 rounds at 15 yards using the second target. For my first time out, I'm pretty impressed. I love my Kimber 1911, but the Smith and Wesson M&P9c is very impressive. Plus, I've heard lots of great things on this forum about the M&P9c and that is why after reading and a little shooting of other guns I felt that this one was the best for me. I tried the Springfield XD40 and I wasn't impressed with the feel of the gun and also my groupings were not as tight as with the M&P.

Here is my target from 7 yards away...

Here is my target from 15 yards away...

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats! I just ordered from Bud's as well. Should receive the gun sometime early next week.

I ordered a 9c too... but I really wanted a 40c. They just didnt have any with no safeties or mag disconnect.

The ones they did have were more expensive BECAUSE of the safeties, and I refuse to pay more for something I don't want to begin with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks srigs! I was hoping to get a little tighter group from the 7yard target but I'll try better each time out. That was my first time with a compact, so I'm gonna practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats on the nice grouping! I hope I can do HALF that good! I just got my 9c from Buds a couple of days ago, but have yet to fire it. Too many wifey projects going on. :?

Unfortunately, we don't have a "real" range in my small town, so I will have to pick up some targets and make my own out in the desert. I'm going to try and get out today and pop off a few rounds. This will be my first time shooting a semi since I was in the Marine Corp in the early 70s, and even then it was just familiarization.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've got just about 1150 rounds through my MP9c, which I bought 6 weeks ago
You'll get better with it as you get used to it, and the trigger will get smoother and have a cleaner breaking point. These things get better as you use them more

Good shooting, especially for the first time out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice shooting, afvet, especially for your first time out with it. I just got my 9c last week and had decent results also, and everyone says the gun just gets better after a break-in period. Going back to the range tonight and cannot wait!

And thank you for your service....I was USAF also, 1968 - 72.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SigMan34, I can't wait to break it in even more. This gun is so much fun to shoot and feels like an extension of my hand. Very nice and comfortable. thanks for your service to our country as well. I am proud that I got to serve my country, the greatest country on Earth, from Dec 1986 to Jan 2007.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts