MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For comarison's sake I took along my Glock 27. Here are my observations:

-The first full magazine was sending the brass toward my face and at my chest.

-I had one fail to feed on the second full magazine.

-The third and all subsequent rounds, (250 in total) were flawless.

-This is the softest recoiling .40 caliber pistol I have shot. Even softer than my beloved SIG P239's.

I shoot this pistol better than any of my other 3 MP's (full size and compact 9mm and a full size .40). W"hile I've found all three other MP's to be accurate, none have been as dead on as this compact .40 I will say however that I have always shot .40 caliber more accurately than 9mm, and would say my full size .40 is the same in comparison, but the shape of the compact allows me to really zero in. I was shooting less than 1" groups at 10 yards consistenly. Did I mention this is a soft recoiling .40? I shot UMC range fodder as well as about 20 rounds of Ranger 180gr JHP ammo. I honestly couldn't tell much difference.

After a couple of mags, the brass began ejecting just over my right shoulder and in a tidy little pile, there was not a single FTF, and the pistol was a tack driver. The trigger was typcial of all MP's, but I could feel it smoothing even after 100 rounds. I did have to reallY "stuff" the mag into the pistol with 10 rounds and one in the pipe, ala my Glock 30. That's ok as I'm sure that will give a bit over time. The tolerances of this pistol are outstanding. The fit and finish is superb. The ergonomics are incredible and the pistol cost $398!!! I honestly have to keep reminding myself that. I have a lot of qualityb pistols. Thee is nothing about my $800 HK's, which I love, that my MP's can't do as well, with better ergonomics, with the P2000 getting pretty close to the same level of ergonomic perfection.

One other reflection, after seeing the pistol start to behave regarding the path of the ejected brass, and the one fail to feed is that these pistols require a bit of break in, 200 rounds or so. It's not something I'm accustomed to after owning mostly SIG's, HK's and Glocks. That's ok to. It's just not something that I've been used to, as in the break in for Kahr pistols.

Oh yeah, the Glock 27; still love that pistol with the 3.5 connector. Very slick well made and to my eye handsome little pistol. I'll never give it up, but in terms of handling, it's the MP walking away! My compact .40 felt like a 9mm in the recoil department in comparison to the baby Glock also.

I love these pistols. It will take a lot for another pistol to become the one I carry every day! Long live the Smith and Wesson M&P Semi-Auto!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Jagman said:
For comarison's sake I took along my Glock 27. Here are my observations:

-The first full magazine was sending the brass toward my face and at my chest.

-I had one fail to feed on the second full magazine.

-The third and all subsequent rounds, (250 in total) were flawless.

-This is the softest recoiling .40 caliber pistol I have shot. Even softer than my beloved SIG P239's.

I shoot this pistol better than any of my other 3 MP's (full size and compact 9mm and a full size .40). W"hile I've found all three other MP's to be accurate, none have been as dead on as this compact .40 I will say however that I have always shot .40 caliber more accurately than 9mm, and would say my full size .40 is the same in comparison, but the shape of the compact allows me to really zero in. I was shooting less than 1" groups at 10 yards consistenly. Did I mention this is a soft recoiling .40? I shot UMC range fodder as well as about 20 rounds of Ranger 180gr JHP ammo. I honestly couldn't tell much difference.

After a couple of mags, the brass began ejecting just over my right shoulder and in a tidy little pile, there was not a single FTF, and the pistol was a tack driver. The trigger was typcial of all MP's, but I could feel it smoothing even after 100 rounds. I did have to reallY "stuff" the mag into the pistol with 10 rounds and one in the pipe, ala my Glock 30. That's ok as I'm sure that will give a bit over time. The tolerances of this pistol are outstanding. The fit and finish is superb. The ergonomics are incredible and the pistol cost $398!!! I honestly have to keep reminding myself that. I have a lot of qualityb pistols. Thee is nothing about my $800 HK's, which I love, that my MP's can't do as well, with better ergonomics, with the P2000 getting pretty close to the same level of ergonomic perfection.

One other reflection, after seeing the pistol start to behave regarding the path of the ejected brass, and the one fail to feed is that these pistols require a bit of break in, 200 rounds or so. It's not something I'm accustomed to after owning mostly SIG's, HK's and Glocks. That's ok to. It's just not something that I've been used to, as in the break in for Kahr pistols.

Oh yeah, the Glock 27; still love that pistol with the 3.5 connector. Very slick well made and to my eye handsome little pistol. I'll never give it up, but in terms of handling, it's the MP walking away! My compact .40 felt like a 9mm in the recoil department in comparison to the baby Glock also.

I love these pistols. It will take a lot for another pistol to become the one I carry every day! Long live the Smith and Wesson M&P Semi-Auto!

I am not giving up myG27 either though I have (and enjoy) both the M&Pc 9 and 40. I recently converted my G27 to .357Sig compliments of a Lone Wolf .357 Sig barrel. I also had Robar do a grip reduction on the gun. I use the new-design Lone Wolf 3.5 pound connector.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts