MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a Newb's perspective (1st handgun owned Sept. 06, now have 4):

Picked up the M&P 9 on Tuesday. Cleaned and lubed it. Went to the indoor range on Thursday morning...it's raining here. Started with the medium sized back strap. Slow fired the first mag off handed at 7 yds...I can't hit the side of a barn, so my head sized groups were not surprising. Fired another mag with same set up and got two fist groups. Next mag I double tapped at 7 and 15 yds, and got pretty good results: anywhere from 2-5" between each 2 shots. Then I empty 2 mags at 3 and 7 yds rapid firing and got pretty decent results for me. The groups were again double fist size with 2 stragglers at 7 yds. Next I tried shooting single handed. Strong hand ®, I shot just as good as 2 handed, but weak handed was pretty terrible. I tried some shots at 25 yds for the heck of it, and as I said before the barn would be safe. I later switched the back strap to small for some 3 to 7 yd shots and it was comfortable but I prefer the mid size the best. 300 rounds of Win value white box with out 1 single hiccup.

So far I like this pistol a lot: ergonomics, comfort, accuracy, speed, were great

What I didn't like is the trigger creep and the sights for me are so so (might have to black out the white dots or try some 3rd party).

I would recommend this gun to anybody, but would definitely try it out first. (try mine if your near by)

Just thought I'd share my beginner to novice review of the M&P 9.

-swiftdraw

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Right on brother...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts