MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about the Florida CCW permit Application I recieved today that I though one of you might be able to help me out with.

Mainly it's question 6 which is about firearms training .... according to the application I can "Present evidence of equivalent experiance with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service" ...... would my military DD214 from 1999 which has listed 9mm Pistol sharpshooter under "Decorations, Medals, Citations" be enough to qualify as exceptable evidence of training??

Unfortunatly I can't find anything in the copy of my records I have about my time on the Aux Security Force

·
Registered
366 Posts
Your DD214 satisfies the training requirement verification. Also, do the electronic fingerprint submission...it's a lot quicker.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
tailrotor said:
Your DD214 satisfies the training requirement verification. Also, do the electronic fingerprint submission...it's a lot quicker.

I got my permit in 6 days using the electronic finger prints! My friend opted to go the old school way and waited 3 weeks, not long, but still its a big difference!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I wasn't sure if I could use it or not but being that I can I just need a photo & fingerprints done and that should be it.

I'l love to do the fingerprints electronically but I can't .... I'm up here in sh!tty NJ and according to the packet out of staters can't do the electronic fingerprinting.

·
Registered
512 Posts
All you need is to photocopy your military ID front and back. That is what I did, along with the application, photo, and electronic fingerprints, and then a nice surprise came in the mail.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbparrothd21 said:
All you need is to photocopy your military ID front and back.

But my ID expired in 1999, don't know if they'd take that ... or would they?? Either was I still have the DD214.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Odd, I didnt even bother with it. Although I am active duty I didnt even acknowledge I was military on the finger print card.

·
Registered
366 Posts
greatzippy said:
[quote name='jbparrothd21']All you need is to photocopy your military ID front and back.

But my ID expired in 1999, don't know if they'd take that ... or would they?? Either was I still have the DD214.[/quote]

Just use the DD214, zippy, it'll be fine. Also, make sure your fingerprint card is done at a law enforcement agency and the application is notarized. By law, the Division of Licensing can take up to 90 days to process the application, but any mistake in filling out the application or neglecting to send in all the required documents will delay the process. Good luck!

Jim

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tailrotor said:
Just use the DD214, zippy, it'll be fine. Also, make sure your fingerprint card is done at a law enforcement agency and the application is notarized. By law, the Division of Licensing can take up to 90 days to process the application, but any mistake in filling out the application or neglecting to send in all the required documents will delay the process. Good luck!

Jim

I know, I've been reading the thing over and over making sure I have everything right before I mail it out. I have to get photos taken and I already checked at my PD and they have fingerprint service on Wed & Thurs only, I can take the application to my bank for free notary service. After those three things are complete I should be good to mail it in.

I am also taking a class on the 11th by a Utah certified Instructor for the Utah CCW permit since Utah states you have to take a class by an instructor. He will be giving the class and the info/paperwork we need to submit for it but we have to do the leg work ourselves. Since I have to submit fingerprints & photo for that I will probably just get them done for both at the same time.

Even though I live in NJ getting these CCWs is like the condom theory .... better to have and not need then need and not have
If I ever travel to a state I can use them I'll have them ... at least that's my thought process.

If I am able to obtain these two (don't see any reason I shouldn't get them) I will, in time, be looking into other non-resident CCW permits from other states .... or at least the that can be done thru the mail anyway. Why .... cause I can :wink: That and I figure why not give support to the states that have CCW programs. Does that sound wierd/odd to anyone??

·
Registered
512 Posts
Not weird at all. One thing I dont think anyone mentioned is if you are getting the electronic fingerprints, do them last, as in right before you mail the packet. The electronic fingerprints are only good for a period of days (5 maybe) after that you have to pay and have them done again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You could save alot of time and trouble by moving to a state that supports gun owners with reciprocity. That aint gonna happen in new joizee. What exit?...lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
mad212 said:
[quote name='tailrotor']Your DD214 satisfies the training requirement verification. Also, do the electronic fingerprint submission...it's a lot quicker.

I got my permit in 6 days using the electronic finger prints! My friend opted to go the old school way and waited 3 weeks, not long, but still its a big difference!![/quote]

how long ago was this?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey Zippy,

My next door neighbor got one using his

hunter safety card. If you have one of them it should

work. They don't seem very particular.

Zeke

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
thebrotha167 said:
[quote name='mad212'][quote name='tailrotor']Your DD214 satisfies the training requirement verification. Also, do the electronic fingerprint submission...it's a lot quicker.

I got my permit in 6 days using the electronic finger prints! My friend opted to go the old school way and waited 3 weeks, not long, but still its a big difference!![/quote]

how long ago was this?[/quote]

late '05?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Send the DD214 and ask about the finger prints at your sheriffs dept. Gota love a state that has Charles Bronson sign your permit

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well now we'll get an updated timeframe for receiving a license. I sent my application in this morning. I went to the local sheriff's office and submitted the fingerprints electronically. Hopefully that will cut the time down for me. I hate waiting for things. I'm definately a product of this instant gratification age. Next step is figuring out the best way to conceal my full size M&P9.

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts