Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No AR or Carbine

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have to start looking at and talking to some ranges. I have to choose a city in the middle of the state there isn't much to be done with the lack of choices in the middle of the state.

I would really like to shoot a little IPDA style. Your thoughts on this?

How is the 2nd sat. of june going to work for everybody?

Please PM with concerns or questions.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm going to have to start looking at and talking to some ranges. I have to choose a city in the middle of the state there isn't much to be done with the lack of choices in the middle of the state.

Sorry;

Wont be available first 3 weekends in June.

Hope that enough of the other guys can go.

I'll keep watching the thread for new info.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I answered the posts so I hope they show up. I'm good for pistol and assault rifle shoots but I don't have an assault rifle.

Keep me posted.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I voted as well. I definitely would like this to be IDPA style.

I refrained from voting in regards to an assault rifle because i will go the way of the masses. I dont personally own an assault rifle....yet...but if people want to bring them far be it from me to say no. I just hope that if we do end up including rifles the poor shmucks like Hallow and myself that dont have rifles wont be left out of the fun.

So far the vote seems to be very heavily in favor of an Orlando meet which as far as im concerned is very cool since its much closer.

Also, are we going to be capping this off at a certain amount of people? I know that my girlfriend would like to go to at least watch and fire off a few rounds and i also have another friend who would be interested in doing the same or participating.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have a family member of the "fairer sex" who would also be interested. Neither of us have shot IDPA, and frankly, we're both newbies to firearms in general. We'd be most interested in learning what we can, and if there was a beginner style IDPA course with some kind folks who'd walk us through the hows and whats, we'd probably give it a try.

I'm hoping it's more of a friendly get together of M&P owners and fans that could develop into an informal network of friends that can help one another by learning from each other's strong points and experience.

Also hoping for it to be the more the merrier too, as a friend of mine, whom I talked into getting an M&P may also want to tag along.

Please let us know, and if those with rifles wouldn't mind letting us try a few rounds to get the feel, that would be awesome. I've got a bunch of paper targets I picked up from letargets.com, so I can bring 'em if there's an interest.

Best Regards,

Cet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a family member of the "fairer sex" who would also be interested. Neither of us have shot IDPA, and frankly, we're both newbies to firearms in general. We'd be most interested in learning what we can, and if there was a beginner style IDPA course with some kind folks who'd walk us through the hows and whats, we'd probably give it a try.

I'm hoping it's more of a friendly get together of M&P owners and fans that could develop into an informal network of friends that can help one another by learning from each other's strong points and experience.

Also hoping for it to be the more the merrier too, as a friend of mine, whom I talked into getting an M&P may also want to tag along.

Please let us know, and if those with rifles wouldn't mind letting us try a few rounds to get the feel, that would be awesome. I've got a bunch of paper targets I picked up from letargets.com, so I can bring 'em if there's an interest.

Best Regards,

Cet.

No worries about IPDA style man its all about having fun and getting better. I was nervous the 1st time I shot IPDA but it was so much fun at the same time! It helps hone your real world skills too. To be honest with you I've only shot IPDA style once. I'm also trying to find a Texas Star for us to use. Youtube "texas star" for more info on that. I don't know of anything more humbling in the world of shooting then the texas star. I look forward to getting together with everyone and having a good time.

Hope to see you soon, Jake

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm all over this. I don't have an assault rifle but my next purchase is an AK so depending on when we do it.....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm all for IPDA type shooting. I never done it but I've been wanting to learn so this will be a good chance.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If a specific course is to be setup, perhaps the experienced shooters could go first, any new shooters wishing to try the course "as-is" could then shoot, and finally, for us newbies, the course could be scaled down to a beginner's level, where the more experienced shooters could help us get our start.

Is there a course R.O. or will one of the more experienced shooters be acting in this capacity?

Also, we don't have belts/holster rigs yet, so is it possible for starters to keep this a one magazine course for the beginners?

Guess I could keep a spare in my shorts pocket, but I'd really like to progress one step at a time. Heck, I'll probably be lucky/happy just hitting the blasted targets! LOL!

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
28 Posts
My wife & I both would participate. we've both shot IDPA, and have enjoyed it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Might be difficult to get permission from a range for a dedicated meet unless you're a member, even then its a pain.

Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club has IDPA Matches every FIRST Sunday. On the East coast Titusville has IDPA matches every THIRD Sunday and Port Malabar has matches every FORTH Sunday. Set a time, and have everybody meet and squad together. I'm a certified IDPA SO, so I wouldn't mind running the M&P squad and help the new shooters along if needed, but you WILL need a holster and mag pouches but you can beg and borrow at the match.

I'm always at the Titusville and Port Malabar matches and once in a while in Orlando.

Currently only Port Malabar has a Carbine division and it has to be a Pistol Caliber carbine. An alternative would be to shoot a 3 gun match where you can shoot ARS, shotguns and handguns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts