MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The FOBUS holster that I have for my duty weapon; made for the Glock 17 and 19 WILL NOT fit my M&P9. However, Fobus does have a new Evolution series holster specifically for the M&P series. The web site states that they are taking pre-orders for the holster and that it will be available in "Spring 2007"

https://secure.fobusholster.com/catalog/pro...ecb15e2a9e4d9b8

·
Registered
505 Posts
does anybody know if there going to make it for a belt also.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Think carefully before purchasing a Fobus. One Fobus is not like the next Fobus. Some come fitting well with adequate retention while still allowing an easy draw. Others come vice-grip tight and are basically useless. Even the ones with the new adjustable retention have come this way. I don't know what it is about their quality control but I think that you can do better for $20.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Well for holsters I'm mainly considering another High Noon or the Comp-Tac. I just didn't understand the difference.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a Fobus holster for my Makarov that has always worked very well. I later bought one for my Keltec P11 that was way too tight. You couldn't draw the gun without pulling the holster off of your belt. I ground off a rivet and installed a spring loaded retention screw. It works great now. The new Blade-Tech budget priced holsters look like a better alternative though. One came with my wife's fullsize 9mm and it works just fine. It looks better, sits tighter up against my side and if its too tight or loose you can easily adjust it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Fobus stuff is fine. And when you buy Fobus you're supporting the only Democracy in the middle east. A vast majority of the Fobus stuff I've seen fits great. If you get a bad holster, a $0.25 o-ring and 3 minutes of your time can make it fit perfect.

·
Registered
495 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Fobus other than it doesn't always fit and looks plain cheap. If it is all you can afford go for it. If you can afford just a little bit more then you have better choices.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Sticks out too much....

A while back I bought a Fobus Paddle Holster for my Bersa Thunder 380. I would have to be wearing a loose fitting parka to conceal with it. The grip sticks out about 2 or 3 inches and prints badly under a light coat. I have switched to a Desantis Invisible Agent universal IWB holster. It works well with my MP compact and makes the Bersa disappear. Not a perfect holster but good enough until I can buy a really good leather holster. :roll:

I found this in the Texas CHL forum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgEwwLnpD-8

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've found that the SG11B from Fobus works well for my MP40 fullsize, its built for the XD and is has a retention screw, also as a bonus the gun rides a bit higher than normal, a bonus all the way around.

·
Registered
319 Posts
could someone explain the difference between Standard, Belt, Roto Paddle, and Roto Belt for me?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts