MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.fobusholster.com/catalog/

I have been browsing on cheap holsters and stumbled here anyone ever use them if you look around enough they are coming out with some pretty sweet m&p holsters in august the prices are pretty sweet too. I am looking at the compact holster (no M&P looking at the glock it would probably fit) the cost is around 20.00 any input????

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Fobus is the absolute bottom of the barrel. I would stay away. I have a few that I've used for the side of the bed. The fit of Fobus holsters vary from holster to holster. There's no guarantee that two Fobus holsters made for the same gun will fir the same way. One may be way too tight, the other may be too loose. Fobus started offering their holsters with a adjustment screw to try to compensate for their terrible quality control, but that was not exactly a shining success either. I have one Fobus holster that will only fit if I completely remove the screw. You might get lucky and get one that fits well, I did once. Another common complaint is that they thrash the finish on the pistol a lot faster than other holsters...if you're a "my pistol is a tool" guy...you likely won't care. After buying a few for the bedside, I now go elsewhere when looking for an inexpensive alternative. I actually ordered a true kydex holster from grandfatheroak to replace the Fobus...it should arrive soon I think.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
choochboost said:
Fobus is the absolute bottom of the barrel. I would stay away. I have a few that I've used for the side of the bed. The fit of Fobus holsters vary from holster to holster. There's no guarantee that two Fobus holsters made for the same gun will fir the same way. One may be way too tight, the other may be too loose. Fobus started offering their holsters with a adjustment screw to try to compensate for their terrible quality control, but that was not exactly a shining success either. I have one Fobus holster that will only fit if I completely remove the screw. You might get lucky and get one that fits well, I did once. Another common complaint is that they thrash the finish on the pistol a lot faster than other holsters...if you're a "my pistol is a tool" guy...you likely won't care. After buying a few for the bedside, I now go elsewhere when looking for an inexpensive alternative. I actually ordered a true kydex holster from grandfatheroak to replace the Fobus...it should arrive soon I think.

I couldn't agree more, Fobus and Command Arms Accessories (CAA) aren't worth the postage it takes to send their cheap crap...

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx again

Well i can delete fobus from my favorites yet more money I have saved from being affiliated with this site good save and I owe u guys THANX-Jason

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Jason,

I am completely happy with my Bladetech stuff. I use it for carry and competition! Check out their stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts