MP-Pistol Forum banner

If you own both the fullsize and the compact, which do you prefer the most?

• Fullsize

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Compact

• No Preference

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question to all who own both the fullsize and the compact. Which do you favor more. I love my fullsize and have out well over 850-1000 rounds on it. I have also purchsed numerous accessories for it. i just purchased my compact and i wish i would have just got that from the start. i took both to the range and i shot the compact better than my fullsize. the fullsize was mainly for the house and range, and the compact was for carry. however i think the compact would have done the trick for all. im not giving up on my fullsize, and i might just be smitten with my new compact. anyway, just a quick poll to see which is the more preferred.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the 9mm compact which I purchased first; it has replaced both my glock 27 and airlight J frame as my primary carry. I shoot better with that pistol than almost any other pistol I have owned. I liked it so much I went back and purchased the full size M&P 40. While I like the full size I shoot tighter patterns and feel more comfortable with the compact. Don’t know why, seems like the full size should be an easier piece to shoot, but I do love my compact……

·
Registered
100 Posts
Compact for carry,

Full for shooting IDPA

BUT - my compact has the mag release lock, which makes it a PITA for IDPA at the end of finishing a stage when I have to show the SO a clear gun and release the striker. It was the only version available at the gunshow when I bought it, but I couldn't pass up the price. I plan to remove the mag lock.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Hard to say. I like the fullsize at the range but I prefer my compact with its medium grip length for carry. The standard compact is not acceptable to me.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have the .40 compact and full size, also in .40

compact for CCW, and full size for open carry on duty.

what do i like better? the compact sits in my hand better, and i shoot better with it at the range.

my full size, i have the crimson trace grip... so the laser makes up for my lack of accuracy compared to the compact.

now i like them about the same, but prior to crimson trace... it was compact all the way.

·
Registered
215 Posts
bbbdvan81 said:
This is a question to all who own both the fullsize and the compact. Which do you favor more. I love my fullsize and have out well over 850-1000 rounds on it. I have also purchsed numerous accessories for it. i just purchased my compact and i wish i would have just got that from the start. i took both to the range and i shot the compact better than my fullsize. the fullsize was mainly for the house and range, and the compact was for carry. however i think the compact would have done the trick for all. im not giving up on my fullsize, and i might just be smitten with my new compact. anyway, just a quick poll to see which is the more preferred.

You need both!!
:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts